Well, There`s 12 Hours of My Life I wont Get Back

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
Solihull, West Mids to Bromley, Kent (306 miles, round trip) to sit in a room for 2 hours to be told something that has absolutley no relavence to my job at all, even the CEO felt embbarased that I was there.
On a good note, it will never happen again within the company and Im on excellent milage allowence .
Sorry for the spelling, Im quite tired and need a HB.

My mistake....my petrol allowance is 0.80p per mile, that`s £244.80 and I think Ive probably used £40.00 in petrol.

That`s £204.80 bonus....yes please...Ill contact HR and see if they can get me on anymore time wasting exercises

assuming £180 profit a day because there's other wear an tear costs and 48 weeks of driving 5 days a year = £43,000:whistle:

Solihull, West Mids to Bromley, Kent (306 miles, round trip) to sit in a room for 2 hours to be told something that has absolutley no relavence to my job at all, even the CEO felt embbarased that I was there.
On a good note, it will never happen again within the company and Im on excellent milage allowence .

My mistake....my petrol allowance is 0.80p per mile, that`s ��£244.80 and I think Ive probably used ��£40.00 in petrol.

That`s ��£204.80 bonus....yes please...Ill contact HR and see if they can get me on anymore time wasting exercises

There is a lot of mileage in being a full time trainee or meeting attendee.
I once went to Lyon, south of France with two other guys for a 20 minute meeting, finished at 9:20 AM so we went out on the town until about 12: midnight, all paid for of course! Three day trip in all cost a fortune for 20 minutes.

My mistake....my petrol allowance is 0.80p per mile, that`s £244.80 and I think Ive probably used £40.00 in petrol.

That`s £204.80 bonus....yes please...Ill contact HR and see if they can get me on anymore time wasting exercises

Bonus!!!
That'll be £180 on anything you want to do with it!
Specially after Xmas couldn't come at a good time...
Mind I feel for u all the way for nowt!! Ha!ha!!

I had a surprise visit from the CEO this afternoon, apologizing for wasting my time..."breakdown in comms, wrong people sent wrong e-mails, hope you weren`t too inconvienced, Have you put your petrol claim in ? Make sure you get a lieu day, because I know it was your day off, and really sorry etc...etc...etc"
And then it that split second I said "No problem, mistakes happen, I just feel upset that it was my wife`s birthday (It wasn`t) and its the only day of the year that I ask off"
Her reply was "Book yourself 4 days off, take your wife out, get a reciept for everything, put it on expences, and Ill sign it off,

Latest posts

Back