Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_Nicol

Reaction score
was given these hops the other week by a mate anyone any good recipe I can do with them?

Thanks

IMG_8659.jpg

Some interesting hops there. Cascade is the classic American hop, and Azacca is tropical, so I'd use them in an all American IPA. Pekko and Loral are pretty new. Pekko apparently has a fairly unique mint flavour, so I would try and showcase it as a late addition in something that could accommodate the flavour, like a saison or American wheat. Loral I know almost nothing about, but it did feature on the Hop Chronicles, and the aroma would suit an IPA and the flavour would match well with rye, so a rye IPA could be a good fit.

I've just used Azacca as a dry hop in a Wilko's golden ale kit. I used a full pack of 100g in 20 litres and the initial smell was fantastic and was very tropical. At bottling it had mellowed a fair bit but was still good and seems to be more orange now. So I would think they would go well on their own or with the Cascade in an American pale or IPA.

Latest posts

Back