Safale US05

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuizner

Janitor
Reaction score
Anyone fancy a group buy on half a kilo ? £2.50 a pack 11.5g normally but bulk would bring it down to a little over a pound. I reckon 100g per person makes sense....?

I think the problem you may have 'selling' this one is, how would you divide it all up in sterile conditions? (unless you have access to a lab of course)

If your after cheap US-05 like yeast consider crossmyloof US pale ale yeast. It's cheap anyway per pack (1.45 iirc) but if you buy lots of packs (like 10 or so) you get it cheaper and it works out to be pennies. From the forumites who have used it, there are good reports

Agree with MyQul but if you need more then just make a starter or rewash the yeast or if your making the same style of beer then just put the new batch on top of the trub of your last brew (I've done that several times)

I know we all like to save pennies but ingredients are cheap anyway. £2.50 in a £10 brew isn't that much for 40 pints.

Nice idea though.

Agree.
I always re-use yeast anyway by doing a second brew from the trub of the first. But there's loads of trub from that first brew so I could easily do 3 or 4 brews from it if I was so inclined.

And I'm a real tight-wad anyway as I even re-use crown caps...

Back