Facebook

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigd2657

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick idea has anybody set up a Facebook page for all of us homebrewers to go on and have a chat, or is nobody interested in this idea.

Please reply in the thread if someone would like me to take this up and I can go ahead and set it up.

Thanks in advance

Big d 2657

Hi all,

Just a quick idea has anybody set up a Facebook page for all of us homebrewers to go on and have a chat, or is nobody interested in this idea.

Please reply in the thread if someone would like me to take this up and I can go ahead and set it up.

Thanks in advance

Big d 2657

Why do we need an FB page ? Isn't this the channel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on keeping chat here. There are loads on FB with little activity. I was a member of a few and they started to pick up but my facebook as got bogged down with groups rather than family and close friends so I have had a major cull.

I dont have an FB account and have resisted so far all attempts to get me to open one.

I do have a linked-in account, but only because I thought it would help me get a job. - so far it's been less use than a chocolate teapot. A 'Friends re-united' for business people.

So I think this forum is a nice trend-bucker fighting against the many various social media platforms, happy to stay put here. :grin:

I wouldn't even bother with Facebook due too every Tom,Dick and Harry knowing your business and putting their tuppence worth in.
I'm a paid subscriber to this and NHC Ireland and for a very good reason.
I have a Facebook account for quite some years and only scan it now as it can be a bitchfest.I quite like the idea of peace and quiet with a diversity of people from all walks of life who have a common hobby goal and who all have their own inputs, methods and stories too share with Mods who do a great job looking after threads, discounts, refereeing and just being part of the forum.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I hate fakebook with a vengeance i do not have an account and i never will have one, SWMBO reluctantly singed up after several months of being told she was missing out by her work mates, she ended up blocking many of her so called "friend" as they were just a bunch of back stabbing bitches (90% of her colleges are female) and then of course they back stabbed her for blocking them. :roll:

This is not a dig at women i can imagine the same happens in male workplaces as well.

May I remind you all that this site is for men and women alike and it's very equal so anyone wishing to slag of women and children please F@#£_&-f to Facebook.
This is not the reason why I signed up and I'm male but I do know there is a female who currently posts on this forum.

May I remind you all that this site is for men and women alike and it's very equal so anyone wishing to slag of women and children please F@#£_&-f to Facebook.
This is not the reason why I signed up and I'm male but I do know there is a female who currently posts on this forum.

Here here . I'm also supporting the members below 5"2, those with 6 toes and silly handshakes ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I remind you all that this site is for men and women alike and it's very equal so anyone wishing to slag of women and children please F@#�£_&-f to Facebook.

Its just banter Gerry, I for one did not mean any offence with my comment and i'm sure neither did anyone else.

I wouldn't even bother with Facebook due too every Tom,Dick and Harry knowing your business and putting their tuppence worth in.
I'm a paid subscriber to this and NHC Ireland and for a very good reason.
I have a Facebook account for quite some years and only scan it now as it can be a bitchfest.I quite like the idea of peace and quiet with a diversity of people from all walks of life who have a common hobby goal and who all have their own inputs, methods and stories too share with Mods who do a great job looking after threads, discounts, refereeing and just being part of the forum.

You obviously dont frequent the Snug very often do you :lol:

Back