The Lakes Distillery launch new limited Edition Whisky

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wider-Landscape.jpg

After the award-winning success of The Lakes Distillery’s British Isle’s blended Whisky, The ONE, the distillery have today released a new, limited edition, expression.

After the popularity of not only The ONE, but also the other family expressions, The ONE Tawny Port and The ONE Oloroso, The Lakes Distillery have further created a brand new edition to their spirits family.

The Lakes Distillery has pushed boundaries, creating an entirely new concept in blended whiskies already with The ONE.

The multi award winning distillery creates whisky by searching far and wide to bring together a range of very special range of whiskies.

The ONE is a blend of over 18 different whiskies from distilleries across the British Isles, creating a perfectly balanced whisky.

The newest expression of The ONE is a Pedro Ximenez Cask finish and only 5,252 bottles have been released of the whisky.

Master Blender and Chief Whisky Maker, Dhavall Gandhi said “The palate is smooth and creamy with notes of vanilla, sun-dried raisins and nutmeg.

“For me, it tastes of dried fruits with hints of fresh ginger and toffee with a gentle smoky finish.”

To produce The ONE Pedro X, whiskies of outstanding character are expertly blended by Dhavall Gandhi, creating a unique combination of flavours that reflect the passion, diversity and craftsmanship inherited across the British Isles.

The whiskies are then put to sleep in a Pedro Ximenez Sherry hogshead, a carefully crafted Spanish cask made from European Oak.

The hogsheads have been seasoned with sweet, dark sherry for a period of time before adding a new complex, yet unique flavour to The ONE.

Enjoy The ONE Pedro Ximenez neat, or with a few drops of water to release the subtle aromas and flavours of this outstanding whisky.

The whisky is on sale now, to purchase a bottle of The ONE Pedro X or to find out more information, please call 017687 88850 or visit www.lakesdistillery.com

http://www.cumbriacrack.com/2017/05/08/lakes-distillery-launch-new-limited-edition-whisky/

I hope it's better than the Welsh whisky (Penderyn). A mate and I were having a little foray into the top shelf in a pub in Wales on a camping trip a number of years back, having already had a few single malt Scotch whiskies at this point I saw the bottle of Penderyn on the shelf and thought to myself when in Rome and all that. Both took one sip and quickly realised it wasn't a patch on its Scottish cousins, maybe if we'd had it first before tasting the Scotch it might have gone down okay.

It may have improved now, it was a number of years ago.

Back