DIY Dog now in hardcover

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be getting a recall if it has the recipe for Elvis Juice, they've just lost a court case filed by Mr Presley's estate.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I'd get it if they gave some proper hop timings with it!

Agreed. The vague hop schedules are the reason I've not got round to doing anything from DIY dog.

It's a very interesting resource and just replicating it in book form is downright cashing in.

I also think it's a bit cheeky that the recipes they put in the DIY Dog kits are straight from the PDF.

Still love their beers though. Jackhammer is a long time favourite!

:nono: Damn expensive ,least ways when it's on the net for nowt.However i do much prefer to thumb my way through a book as against pdf etc.

27 quid is OK I think. I was happy to pay 20 for the Mikeller book and that has a fraction of the recipes.

I don't know what their motivation is, but I don't think they're cashing in. I don't imagine a book like that would sell enough copies to make any sort of mark on the bottom line of what is now a billion dollar company.

From what I've read from them, the hop vague hop timings is intensional to allow you to tweek to your equipment and taste

I don't know what their motivation is, but I don't think they're cashing in. I don't imagine a book like that would sell enough copies to make any sort of mark on the bottom line of what is now a billion dollar company.

Probably another marketing ploy. In a market that is increasingly saturated they need to define themselves.

You could say wouldnt this be only useful for homebrewers and not the general public. But this kind of thing would be a perfect coffee table book. You only have to look at the amount of cookbooks that are bought and never used. This is the kind of book would be bought as a present, flicked through by the reciepent and then never opened again. Give it a few months and you'll be able to pick them up at charity shops for a few quid

Probably another marketing ploy. In a market that is increasingly saturated they need to define themselves.

You could say wouldnt this be only useful for homebrewers and not the general public. But this kind of thing would be a perfect coffee table book. You only have to look at the amount of cookbooks that are bought and never used. This is the kind of book would be bought as a present, flicked through by the reciepent and then never opened again. Give it a few months and you'll be able to pick them up at charity shops for a few quid

Yes, completely agree.

Also a lot of businesses monetise whatever they can, even if the profits aren't gonna be huge.

It's funny, I see this as probably the only thing Brewdog has stayed true to throughout their journey, an interest and respect for homebrewing. I know a couple of people who's first brews were Brewdog Punk kits.

From what I've read from them, the hop vague hop timings is intensional to allow you to tweek to your equipment and taste
yup, although i have loosley followed a few of the recipies ie in make up of grains,i have done my own thing with hop times and so far have produced some decent beers,although probably a fair bit different from the actual thing itself!:smile:

Back