Finsbury Park Mosque

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElvisIsBeer

Reaction score
Early reports that a van has driven into worshippers who had just left the mosque, with some saying it was going at up to 50mph. Early assumption that this is a terrorist incident, but one suggestion is that it was provoked by Islamophobia.

Interesting that police have released details of 'a 48 yr old man', but not revealing any other details about him. The question many people will want an answer to is whether this is an IS-type attack (we all know, more Muslims have been murdered by IS than any other denomination), or something else.

We'll have to wait to find out how this pans out. Thoughts go out to the murdered persons family, and I hope the injured and traumatised can find a way back to normality soon.

Witnesses have told Sky News that an imam from the mosque protected the driver of the van from angry members of the public until the police could arrive.

That account seems to chime with the statement from the Muslim Welfare House that thanks imam Mohammed Mahmoud “whose bravery and courage helped calm the immediate situation after the incident and prevented further injury and loss of life”.

The driver is described as a white man. This will undoubtedly cause a backlash. Finsbury Park mosque was home to radical islamist Abu Hamza. Terrorism is never justifiable and cannot be accepted as part of living in a modern city, no matter what Sadiq Khan says.

Another Horrible event, what is this world coming too.
I agree entirely.
Violent films, computer games, violence on the internet and news reporting all have a part to play.
Forty years ago the images of a Vietnamese child running away from some atrocity was groundbreaking. Nowadays such images are commonplace in an effort to feed an appetite for sensational events.

I heard on the radio a young guy on the scene telling the reporter that it took 1 hour for the police to arrive, unlike when Drummer Rigby was murdered which took less than 10 mins.
Sounded pre-rehearsed being said by other witnesses too. Police said it took 8 mins?

With an insular 'community' like like this, chances are many will believe the former.

Sad news, sad time.

It's a shame some of the previous threads are locked as this turns many of the arguements within them on their heads. Such as the arguements regarding the potential to be a terrorist and the role of community in habouring people with extreme views.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

It's a shame some of the previous threads are locked as this turns many of the arguements within them on their heads.

They were not locked because of differing views they were locked because certain members could not discuss the topics without abusing each other.

I know.

Just a shame that some of the differing opinions aren't now addressable as the arguments used to justify them no longer stand up.

I know.

Just a shame that some of the differing opinions aren't now addressable as the arguments used to justify them no longer stand up.

Well nothing stopping you outlining these opinions that no longer stand up?

Nothing much has changed for me other than a reaction and further escalation, which was very likely to happen at some point.

Much like EDL being created as a reaction to the Islamic exstremists shouting at and spitting on a returning parade of soldiers marching through Luton.

dddddddd.jpg

Well nothing stopping you outlining these opinions that no longer stand up?

Nothing much has changed for me other than a reaction and further escalation, which was very likely to happen at some point.

Much like EDL being created as a reaction to the Islamic exstremists shouting at and spitting on a returning parade of soldiers marching through Luton.
True, but it would be easier and more relevant to do so in the appropriate threads.

There were plenty of arguments leveled against the Muslim community regarding complicity to terrorism that now apply to the white British population.

The problem is weak government not keeping a lid on things from the beginning.

Also getting involved in the Middle East and at the same time importing hundreds of thousands of people that in many cases will show allegiance to the people we were bombing and not to the country that have offered them a home.

We still don't know enough about this to say much, as far as I can tell noone has a clue why it was done and theres even videos out there saying it was all staged (not convincingly).

That sounds like you are justifying this attack based on what has gone before.

A moral high ground has been lost with this attack.

Should the perpetrators community/family have done more to stop this attack?

I agree entirely.
Violent films, computer games, violence on the internet and news reporting all have a part to play.

Billions of people around the globe are able to watch films, play games and use all sorts of media types including books and comics without feeling the need to go out and harm others or themselves.

There are no proven links between Films and games and violent crime, now the media I do believe has a role to play but proving it is not so easy.

Billions of people around the globe are able to watch films, play games and use all sorts of media types including books and comics without feeling the need to go out and harm others or themselves.

There are no proven links between Films and games and violent crime, now the media I do believe has a role to play but proving it is not so easy.

Spot on, the games industry was accused of this when shooters first appeared many years ago, billions play them and as you say without feeling the need to go out and harm others or themselves.

Latest posts

Back