Cheap Original 3KW Kettle Elements & Leads (Source)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatAle

Reaction score
Want to find original 3KW kettle elements, the sort that used to be in the old stainless Swan kettles and the rare hard to find mains leads to go with them :?:

A while ago I was walking through my local village of Salemoor and noticed an old fashioned antiquated shop that sold old washing machines and repaired them. They’re the kind of shop that sells spares for vacuum cleaners and all sorts of other stuff… I entered the shop to see all manner of things, drum belts etc hanging from the ceiling and walls off nails. Amongst the stuff was a 3kw kettle element that I instantly recognised! :P

kettle-els-1.jpg

I said to the chap, how much is that element? He reached up, grabbed it and wiped the dust from it! £5.65 (you can still see the price label), but you can have it for £3. I asked if he had any more, at which point he went in the back and said yes another 3, to which I responded I’ll take them all!. Then I said, have you got the leads?, yep I’ve 3, you can have them for 50p each. The chap said nobody buys stuff like this anymore, so he was glad to see the back of them :!:

kettle-els-3.jpg

After this experience, I thought I’d have a drive around looking for a similar shop; I spotted one on Kingway, Burnage. Went in, same story, got 2 more 3kw elements and all the leads he had (6 of them 50p each). All this stuff is new-old stock and there are plenty of these shops lurking around. :cool:

kettle-els-2.jpg

Just pick up the yellow pages and look for washing machine repair shops etc, the smaller ads can produce these gold mines on your doorstep!

These guys are glad to get rid of their stock and are always intrigued by why you want them, which I gladly tell them after I’ve done the deal and purchased the bits. Get dialling :party:

Latest posts

Back