Woodford Pure Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanzanite

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bure Gold is Woodfords latest addition to there excellent range. Very appealing packaging, inciting the mists over Norfolks river Bure. Two tin kit with yeast and two very small 20g packets of Hops, to be added after 4 days fermenting, So off i went, made up the kit and used the crossmyloof ale yeast. Made to 20ltrs. Fermentation took around 9 days left in FV for 14, then racked into bottling bucket let settle for 4 days , then bottled, Theres nothing Gold about it so far it looks like opaque lemon juice whitish. Tastes indiscriminate and weak no great character. So we will up date review in early August when its conditioned. Dont have no great hopes for this but we will see.:thumb:

I started this last night, have to agree on the colour, doesn't look appetising! Brewed mine to 20 litres and put it in the brew fridge at 20c. Couldn't for the life of me see when to add the hops so i think I'll give it a week and chuck them in. Sample tasted ok and lhbs recommended kegging which suits me, hopefully we'll still have some sun to sup it in a few weeks!

I started this last night, have to agree on the colour, doesn't look appetising! Brewed mine to 20 litres and put it in the brew fridge at 20c. Couldn't for the life of me see when to add the hops so i think I'll give it a week and chuck them in. Sample tasted ok and lhbs recommended kegging which suits me, hopefully we'll still have some sun to sup it in a few weeks!

Add Hops 4 days into fermentation:thumb:

Well, i kegged this yesterday at an fg of 1008. Still pretty murky looking but i think thats the debris from the hop pellets. Sample tasted ok, almost floral. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a nice mid summer drink.

I've been to the Broads recently and this was one of my favourite pints there, from memory it wasn't a very clear pint in the pubs I tried it in but still a nice refreshing drink IMHO. Started mine today(only my second brew), starting hydro reading was 1.040, be interested to know what everyone else's started out at, and if anyone has a finished pint how it's tasting? :)

:drink:

I bottled 26 pints and put the rest in a half keg, 2 weeks primary and 4 weeks conditioning.
Bottles turned out ok for me, left it until 4 weeks before trying it, gave a few bottles out at 6 weeks to friends and they liked it, all said it had a citrusy taste, clean and easy to drink and would like some more so I’m putting another on soon.
The half keg tasted ok but flat, first 3 pints came out ok with a good head but lost pressure after that, next brew I’m going to fill the half keg and bottle the rest to see if that helps before buying a CO cap for it.
Colour turned out golden, a little cloudy to start, cleared up completely by week 6, a good drink in my humble opinion but not as good as the Wherry.

I bottled 26 pints and put the rest in a half keg, 2 weeks primary and 4 weeks conditioning.
The half keg tasted ok but flat, first 3 pints came out ok with a good head but lost pressure after that, next brew I’m going to fill the half keg and bottle the rest to see if that helps before buying a CO cap for it.
Its always difficult trying to estimate how much priming sugar to put in a PB when it's not full. For my standard size PB (about 25 litre total) I use 95g for a 20 litre plus brew and that sometimes sees me down to nearly empty. However if its a 12 litre brew I will put in 75g and that's seems to be about right to get me down to the bottom. My guess is the bigger the gas space the more sugar you need to put in, not simply pro rate sugar quantity down from the full liquid volume requirement.

Back