Hi I am Back

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanbamber123

Reaction score
Hi all.
After 5 years away from homebrewing I have been offered the old summerhouse as a brewery and I am currently converting it. Just brewed a turbo cider and it tasted beautiful. So on to the next now.

Alan

Hi all.
After 5 years away from homebrewing I have been offered the old summerhouse as a brewery and I am currently converting it. Just brewed a turbo cider and it tasted beautiful. So on to the next now.

Alan

What recipe did you follow + welcome back :)

It was but I left it fermenting to long so it is too dry and sour. Having to bottlle and prime with a little sugar.

Try using a cloudy NFC ( not from concentrate) apple juice as you can achieve something closer to scrumpy with it. General rule is that If you like the taste of the juice then you'll love it once it's fermented - the yeast is the 2nd most important ingredient though as it will decide which flavours it will mask and which it will extenuate

Try using a cloudy NFC ( not from concentrate) apple juice as you can achieve something closer to scrumpy with it. General rule is that If you like the taste of the juice then you'll love it once it's fermented - the yeast is the 2nd most important ingredient though as it will decide which flavours it will mask and which it will extenuate

I have always been warned not to use NFC juices because they can contain chemicals that can kill the yeast. Is this not true?

I have always been warned not to use NFC juices because they can contain chemicals that can kill the yeast. Is this not true?

Depends on the product, if bought plenty of fruit juices that will 'balloon' the containers if they have any left in them due to the yeast fermenting the sugars in the juice and producing CO2 and alcohol :whistle:

That moment when you try your first brew in a long time and it's a goodun!!

giphy.gif

Back