Beerworks (LoveBrewing) Founders Double American IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
If the packaging list is to be believed this could be a pretty mental and potentially tasty kit:

http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/founders-double-american-ipa-beerworks-craft-brewery-series/

Founders Double American IPA
This is like talking Indian Pale Ale and doubling everything up (except the water). Expect something Malty robust alcoholic and with a hop profile to rip your tongue out.

Kit Contains:
1 x 3kg IPA Malt
1 x 3kg Lager Malt
1 x 10g American Ale Yeast
1 x 20g US West Coast
1 x 90g Summit Hops
1 x 90g Citra Hops
1 x 150g Priming Sugar​

Six kilos of malt and 180g of hops, yikes! Definitely one for bottling I think not sure have 40 pints of rocket fuel on draught would be a good move for my liver.

The only thing that's putting me off is that it says some boiling is required but the instructions aren't on there to say what. Would be useful to know if I needed a stock pot or something ahead of ordering.

Anyone going to take the plunge :)

I was debating getting this but went for the new world saison, I've done a few of their kits and they're always spot on, drop them a message and ask what needs to boiled volume wise they're pretty good at responding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the malts are grain you will need to mash them and then boil along with the hops It could be liquid extract however which can be boiled along with the hops

Found this for all grain!
Beerworks All Grain Kit Instructions - Love Brewing
Think it is most probably an extract kit judging by the box design and looking at their web site.If so then it almost certainly won't need any boiling.
Anyway-ASK them before you purchase

If the packaging list is to be believed this could be a pretty mental and potentially tasty kit:

http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/founders-double-american-ipa-beerworks-craft-brewery-series/

Founders Double American IPA
This is like talking Indian Pale Ale and doubling everything up (except the water). Expect something Malty robust alcoholic and with a hop profile to rip your tongue out.

Kit Contains:
1 x 3kg IPA Malt
1 x 3kg Lager Malt
1 x 10g American Ale Yeast
1 x 20g US West Coast
1 x 90g Summit Hops
1 x 90g Citra Hops
1 x 150g Priming Sugar​

Six kilos of malt and 180g of hops, yikes! Definitely one for bottling I think not sure have 40 pints of rocket fuel on draught would be a good move for my liver.

The only thing that's putting me off is that it says some boiling is required but the instructions aren't on there to say what. Would be useful to know if I needed a stock pot or something ahead of ordering.

Did you go ahead and take the plunge on this one?

After seeing this thread i decided to look at other Beerworks kits (never heard of them before) and went ahead and ordered these 2 as i was surprised how much your getting for your money!

http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/blonde-ale-beerworks-craft-brewery-series/

The beerworks kits are extract kits yes and no boiling is required other than adding a small amount of boiling water to the hops. I have just started drinking the Kentish bitter kit and it is rather nice so far despite only being in the bottle 3-4 weeks.

The part grain kits come with grains for steeping and require boiling (they use LME). I recently bottled the part grain barley wine kit, I won't know how this is for a few months yet.

I agree they do some quite good value for money and based on what I have experienced so far I am quite tempted by a number of the beerworks kits.

Finally, their all grain kits are exactly what it suggests, I've got the Lancaster Bomber to make when I get the chance.

Did you go ahead and take the plunge on this one?

After seeing this thread i decided to look at other Beerworks kits (never heard of them before) and went ahead and ordered these 2 as i was surprised how much your getting for your money!

Not yet though I might do one day, got a few kits lined up at the moment so don't need another right now. As it happens two of those kits are Beerworks ones bought before they added to the range. I currently have the Chinook IPA conditioning and the Sheepdog's Pride Suffolk Bitter that I'm probably going to make this evening.

Going to putting this kit on today but I’m using voss kveik, last time did the kit straight and loved it, really dangerous though as it hides it’s strength well

Bottled today and had a cheeky sample, looks like it will be a good one. Flying to the states tomorrow for a 3 week holiday so plenty of time for it to condition before I try it again.

I forgot about this thread! ended up ditching the kit yeast for MJ tripel (M31?) in an attempt to create a Raging Bitch DIPA clone, ended up @ 10%!. Superb kit though but a very intense beer. I need to do this again using the standard yeast but even then its a beer you forget about for a few months after bottling and just have the odd bottle every so often

I realise now this is an old thread, but for the benefit of anyone reading this now.........

I found some generic instructions for all their kits here

The relevant part says, "7. Add the foil bags of hops as below: - Group A on Day 5. - Group B on Day 8. - Group C on Day 10. 8. To do this, empty the hops into a clean 1 litre jug, use a knife to break them up (for around 1 minute) then add 500ml of boiling water. Continue to use the knife to pulverise the hops in the water for a further 2 minutes then use a large spoon to transfer just the hops into your beer, leaving the liquid behind (don’t worry if a few hops remain in the jug). Leave the bucket lid open for as little time as possible to prevent contamination. Do not stir the bucket contents. Reseal the lid and do not open again until: - Day 10 for Group A. - Day 13 for Group B. - Day 15 for Group C

IPA's are Group A, so you only need 500ml of boiling water , a knife and a bowl.

Last edited:
This kit is on sale today, at £29.95, reduced from £33.95 and I was ordering it until I discovered that delivery was £19 because I live in the Highlands - bummer.

Had my first bottle today, lightly carbonated but I don't mind that. Very hoppy very similar to Brewdog Mr President

Back