re-fermenting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps

Reaction score
this may or may not be a stupid question.but can you re-ferment a flat lager.
as my local landlord as a keg of fosters that is flat.
it tastes and look ok but is just flat.
as he said i can have it if i can use it...

As pittsy asked, if the keg is one that uses an external C02 source, then yes. Depending on how old the beer is though it might be quite oxidized by now, but it's worth a shot. If its one that requires conditioning to carbonate then I'm not sure it would be worth it. Fosters filters the yeast from their beer so you would have to add both yeast and sugar. I guess we need some more info:

Was this homebrewed or commercial?

What type of keg?

How old is the beer?

Oh dear. There are attachments sold for sanke kegs that allow homebrewers to re-use them, but I'm
afraid you may be out of luck. But look on the bright side, you now have the beginnings of a converted keg as a boil kettle!

Just a reminder though that cutting up a keg which still belongs to the brewery is illegal and the keg police will be after you if they find out.

My personal opinion on the beer is its not worth bothering, its only fosters.

Yeah that beer is going to be pretty foul. If you had access to the keg, that would be sweet, but my advice would be let it pass.

just a thought and might be a silly one but could you connect it up to one of the taps in
The pub and attach a hose to the nozzle place end of the hose in the bottOm of a corny fill up corny from bottom to prevent splashing then ga up perge air chill and force carb then invite your mates round for free beer before it goes off? Lager sucks but free lager is nice

Latest posts

Back