Malt Miller Order

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieBeer

Reaction score
I was about to order a bottle of Starsan from Malt Miller. Price is £13.20 but seem to only have an option of next day courier delivery for £6.00!

Is this usual? I don't need it next day. Is there any reason why this can't be delivered by my postie for a more reasonable charge?

It's based on weight. I have ordered a single light item from them and it was sent 1st class Royal Mail. Postage is calculated automatically.

I see Home Brew Shop will deliver it for £2.60, and Home Brew Online for £2.95. That's more like it. Overall cost is about the same but the unnecessary high postage charge for MaltMiller makes me feel like I'm being ripped off.

It’s probably that they don’t get enough small orders to justify what is required to send a lot through the Post Office, for any one of a number of possible reasons. So they set the limit for cheap postage at 600g instead of 1kg. They won’t be setting out to rip you off, to be frank if they wanted to do that, postage wouldn’t be the way to do it!

Back