Mangrove Jacks Range Changes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notlaw

Dubbel Dragon
Reaction score
Has anyone got the list of the changes that MJ made to the range? I know that M03 Newcastle Dark Ale was changed to M15 Empire Ale, but I don't know the others. I remember seeing a list of the changes on the internet somewhere, but I can't find it again now.

[FONT=&quot]Alright Notlaw, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I’m not sure if this is forum etiquette or not seeing I only really read rather than post but I’ve copied and pasted from Aussiehomebrewer.com (apologies if this is forbidden)[/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] but I reckon you can never have too many sources and they folks seem pretty knowledgeable as do folks here. All the best[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:29 AM [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to a foreign MJ distributor, the M29 French Saison is the M27 Belgian...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M36 Liberty Bell Ale is the Burton Union and M42 New World Strong Ale is the M07.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It's gotta be true, cos I read it on the internet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M44 US West Coast is definitely 1764 Rogue Pacman though.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]these are some other close approximations i use...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M20 Bavarian Wheat - Wyeast 3638 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M79 Burton Union - Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley or WLP023[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M84 Bohemian Lager - Wyeast 2124 or WLP830
M07 British Ale Yeast - WLP007[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

M03 UK Dark Ale - M15 Empire Ale
M07 British - M42 Strong Ale
M10 Workhorse - M54 Californian Lager
M27 Belgian Ale - M29 French Saison
M79 Burton Union - M36 Liberty Belle

This is directly from a guy at iMake, the makers of MJ yeasts... a jolly helpful chap he was too.

Edit - BTW, the M54 Cali Lager is top fermenting. He says think Kölsch, but finished a tiny bit dryer due to higher attenuation (his words)

Yeast chart.png

Back