What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to an open day at Wantsum Brewery, and tasted about 10 of their beers (and blagged some hops on the tour). I bought a key keg of Montgomery and am sampling it now. A pale ale 4% abv and a nice peachy foretaste with a dry bitter finish. Very nice, it was supposed to be for Xmas, but may have to buy another. :thumb:

Just had a Black Sheep Riggwelter clone bottled 30 September.

What a beer!:thumb:

Two days on the wagon, so having 3 tonight. Unfortunately, the first two haven't been very good - Wells Sticky Toffee Pudding and Marston's Baa Humbug. Got them for my birthday in a variety box; I don't usually like beers with 'additions' and these are no different. Good news, is the rest of the box has some belters in it so happy days!!!!

Tonight I've had a Piraat Hopped Tripel (ok), a Petrus Dubbel (didn't like it, roasty flavour which seems wrong) and now a St Bernadus 12 (absolutely lovely).

Better stop now, I'm in severe danger of getting trolleyed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugger all again. Had a bit over the weekend in york and felt a bit rough after. Decided ho have a few days off it but then got a bad back which feels more like another sacrolitis flare up which is really tedious! A root in the cupboard found some wacky pills from the last time so can't drink now anyway...

25016824_155357158527869_4360440133942509568_n.jpg

Had these two last night. The Effra was delicious. Sweet malty British amber base with a zing of grapefruit and pine from a load of American hops. Not too in-you-face, in fact really well balanced.

The Hobsons beer was a strange one. Hobsons made a barley wash for nearby Chase Distillery to distill into whisky. That young whisky is then blended back with Hobsons Postmans Knock (a ruby porter). At first the beer seemed a bit thin and watery. Plenty of whisky notes, but not really any depth of flavour or complexity. Was expecting more of a punch. Would have liked more dark fruits from the malts perhaps to come through to add balance and depth. It got nicer as it went down though. Perhaps as it warmed or perhaps it was the mince pie I was scoffing at the time. interesting beer, but alas not quite delivering on it's promise.

Few Hobgoblin Gold tonight but a treat to start - York Brewery Snowflake or Guzzler. Can't decide :hmm:

in 5 minutes going to Pot Belly Brewery Kettering UK - I shall start with Pigs Do Fly and go on to Bellowhead (Hedonism) and then - - - who knows ?

It must be Christmas.

Because I was going to save @dad_of_jon beers until Christmas. And I'm drinking his Stealth Triple right now. It's a cracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a Williams bros birds and bees, a marstons amber and now on to my own kit of bad cat red, the kit beer is knocking the cold. The other two were just normal.

A solemn moment tonight.

I have just finished two out of the last three bottles of Mild that I brewed back in February of this year..

A superb brew with just the hint of chocolate that I like in a Mild. I will brew it again in the New Year.

I will polish off the last bottle tomorrow if the promised snow materialises! :thumb:

After a seven day sabatical on water:-o i finally succumbed to a 25cl bottle of my Beamish stout and it slipped down very well:thumb:

Iiiiiiiiiittttttttsssssss Christmas! Going for a couple of pints of Rosey Nosey down my local. :-)

(I appreciate it's not at all Christmas, but once the Rosey Nosey arrives, you can't help but start to feel a little festive ;-) )

Just cracked open a bottle of Milk Stout with Cinnamon. Used 1 1/2 heaped Tbs of cinnamon, but still needs more. Next time Ill go for 3 heaped Tbs per 25li.At 12oC its too cold, needs warming up a little

Finishing of the second half of a mini keg of devil backbone IPA. It's hard work to get these little kegs. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back