DIY Dog now in hardcover

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably another marketing ploy. In a market that is increasingly saturated they need to define themselves.

You could say wouldnt this be only useful for homebrewers and not the general public. But this kind of thing would be a perfect coffee table book. You only have to look at the amount of cookbooks that are bought and never used. This is the kind of book would be bought as a present, flicked through by the reciepent and then never opened again. Give it a few months and you'll be able to pick them up at charity shops for a few quid
I certainly hope so

It's funny, I see this as probably the only thing Brewdog has stayed true to throughout their journey, an interest and respect for homebrewing. I know a couple of people who's first brews were Brewdog Punk kits.
The only thing that the founders of Brewdog are true to is making money. The fact that it has come via brewing beer is secondary.

The only thing that the founders of Brewdog are true to is making money. The fact that it has come via brewing beer is secondary.

Bit unfair, as the content of this book has been available for free for quite a while, and probably still is.

Bit unfair, as the content of this book has been available for free for quite a while, and probably still is.

I was prepared to give BD the benefit of the doubt but the recent 'revalation' that BD have trademaked the word punk in relation to beer tells me that their first and foremost interest is money and the realease of DIY dog was purely a marketing strategy

And all the other other people called Elvis in the world. How can Elvis Presley's estate copywrite the name Elvis, or it's link with beer?

BD have managed to copywrite the word punk if it's related to beer, so it proves it doable. I also rembember reading in the paper that some famous couple (cant remember who off the top of my head Edit: Jay-zee and boyence) has copywrighted the name of their newly born sprogs in relation to a whole range of products such as kids toys

Just saw this on my FB feed

Elvis Juice.PNG

BD have managed to copywrite the word punk if it's related to beer, so it proves it doable

Trademark, not copyright. Big difference. If you haven't read this then I do recommend it. The point is clear. In business you must, as a defensive measure, trademark your product's identity because if you don't somebody else will.

The example they give is quite enlightening. If they didn't trademark their product's identity somebody else could do it and then the next day sell the mark to AB-InBev who could then sue Brewdog out of existence for using 'their' mark.

Does the book print detailed steps? The reason I ask is I was following someones brew day making one of their beers, and it wasn't anything like the way I would have made it.

Latest posts

Back