Salvage Hunters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalvageHunt

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls!

The new series of Salvage Hunters is back on the Discovery Network and we are on the hunt for old breweries that may have some hidden gems locked away.

Our decorative antique dealer Drew Pritchard is a huge beer fan and a love of everything traditional English. I know he would bend over backwards to get access into one of the UK old breweries.

My name is Will, one of the researchers on the show and I would really appreciate any news, advice or information you could pass my way.

cheers

I reckon, going by some of his piccy's he's posted, if you go round @Dads_Ale 's house you'll find all kind of interesting stuff and cool stuff. After that swing by @Dutto 's, he never chucks anything away. He's been collecting stuff at least since 1963 :whistle:

I bet if you went around some of our forumites garages and shed's you'd find some TV gold

Hey guys and girls!

The new series of Salvage Hunters is back on the Discovery Network and we are on the hunt for old breweries that may have some hidden gems locked away.

Our decorative antique dealer Drew Pritchard is a huge beer fan and a love of everything traditional English. I know he would bend over backwards to get access into one of the UK old breweries.

My name is Will, one of the researchers on the show and I would really appreciate any news, advice or information you could pass my way.

cheers
Will
Talk to the old independent traditional breweries, there are plenty still in business.
Harveys of Lewes, Timothy Taylor of Keighley, Batemans of Wainfleet, Bathams of Brierley Hill to name a few.
Don't talk to the so-called craft breweries operating from a lock-up or a factory unit. Its probably all new stuff in there.

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

Ditto above re the Batemans Brewery in Wainfleet. It's definitely the oldest brewery in this area and has a fascinating history that has been linked to the area for many, many years.

Unfortunately, most of my own collected "rubbish" is from boats that I have dismantled and still keep "just in case".

An example is the eyelets on the cover I made for my boiler a day or so ago. They are left-overs from a set of brass eyelets that I originally bought to tie down the cover on a boat back in 1999. :whistle:

Boiler Jacket2.jpg

I reckon, going by some of his piccy's he's posted, if you go round @Dads_Ale 's house you'll find all kind of interesting stuff and cool stuff. After that swing by @Dutto 's, he never chucks anything away. He's been collecting stuff at least since 1963 :whistle:

I bet if you went around some of our forumites garages and shed's you'd find some TV gold

You certainly would. Trouble is I never part with anything :)

An example is the eyelets on the cover I made for my boiler a day or so ago. They are left-overs from a set of brass eyelets that I originally bought to tie down the cover on a boat back in 1999. :whistle:

That looks a little tarty to me, it's not a woman you know..lol :lol:

Cheers.

It has been really enjoyable getting it up together. Now it is pretty much finished I am at a bit of a loose end :)

Did you record the build it on here at all?. Love looking at other brewers setups.

Back