Tesco Finest Traditional Porter ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberbober

Reaction score
Every now and then I go to the local Tesco and pick up a few bottles of beer I have never tried before. Last night I saw a Tesco Finest Traditional Porter and decided to try it. To be honest it was the first and only Porter I have ever tried. Now I have to admit I loved it. I know that the Tesco Finest Traditional Porter is probably at the low end of quality Porters. I was wondering if anybody has a good Porter AG recipe to try. Or know of any other good porters I can be drinking while I wait to get the ingredients?

Not sure about recipes; there might be some in the recipes section, but I can definitely recommend a couple of porters:

Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter
Meantime London Porter

The Tesco Finest is a bloody good porter, (brewed by Harviestoun) I've had meantime Porter as well A good porter but I think the tesco one is the better drink.

I used to love Whitbread Porter but havn't seen it for years.

UP

unclepumble said:
The Tesco Finest is a bloody good porter, (brewed by Harviestoun) I've had meantime Porter as well A good porter but I think the tesco one is the better drink.

I used to love Whitbread Porter but havn't seen it for years.

UP

I think whitbread stopped brewing porters a few years ago following one of their (many) brewery rationalisation programmes.

I find that most of the beers i brew these days are porters because i love the flavour. The only problem is leaving a brew long enough to condition long enough in the bottle before drinking them :roll:

Latest posts

Back