Query about my first ever brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c0ec82924593b5827aa3e2768c8c97c7.jpg

I'm counting that as a success for a first attempt!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Brill. :thumb:
What's on next?
It's sibling gets bottled on Sunday, it was pretty much the same recipe as before but with a couple of little tweaks to it (reused yeast, extra dme and a mini spare done on the grain bag) After bottling that I'm making a porter in the afternoon. Its the first recipe here http://byo.com/malt/item/1541-ultimate-porter

That looks great, the head on that pint is excellent
I could not believe how well it poured. Wasn't the best glass for it to retain its head but there was still a bit when I got to the end of the pint.

Hi Zappa86
I all so just made my first all grain hefeweizen did I read you left it in the FV for 10 days?
How did you bottle Carbon drops or sugar? and how long in the bottles?
thanks.

Hi Zappa86
I all so just made my first all grain hefeweizen did I read you left it in the FV for 10 days?
How did you bottle Carbon drops or sugar? and how long in the bottles?
thanks.
I left it in the FV for 2 weeks. It was my first ever brew so I'm not at the AG stage yet, I did extract with grain. I bulk primed the beer in a bottling bucket and used brewersfriend carbonation tool. Really simple to use, entered the temperature of the room the bottles will be conditioning, the sugar I'll be using (table sugar), how much beer there is and what level of carbonation I want. Sounds a bit long winded but seriously it was really easy. I Boiled the sugar in a little water to get I dissolved and then chilled it before I added it to the bottling bucket. The carbonation seems spot on.

Latest posts

Back