Van hits crowds in Barcelona

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to sit this one out but heres a video and some stats with the links to check. I will now assume this thread will be locked/deleted.

Why? No-one is abusing anyone and a healthy discussion is always a good thing. :thumb:

I had a look at your "facts" and would like to point out that the USA do not appear to realise that they are AT WAR with a huge amount of the world's population because they insist on forcing their views (and businesses) on the rest of the world.

So far, American troops HAVE NOT:

o Descended on the village of my birth.

o Dragged away my relatives and friends.

o Interrogated them with medieval torture methods.

o Kept them incarcerated for over ten years.

o Found them to be innocent of any crimes and released them.

When they start doing these things to my family and friends I will reconsider my position and quite possibly react in a negative manner to the USA.

Today, the President of the USA has announced that he will "... win the Afghan war."

Ha!! History suggests that he will fail, just like the British failed over 100 years ago and just like the Russians failed a few decades ago; however, he will produce another generation of people who hate "The West" and create yet another generation of "terrorists".

Talking of "terrorists", when the Germans invaded France the French created a "terrorist" organisation called The Maquis; but because they were on "our" side they weren't classed as "terrorists", just Freedom Fighters!

Funny old world eh? :whistle:

Please feel free to enlighten us as to which views are "sad" and "scared" and to furnish us with your objectively "better" contrary viewpoint.

OK, let me put it this way - in the 80s were you afraid of any Irishman you came across, or did you at least suspect them of being a terrorist sympathiser? Are you afraid of the Spanish because of the Basque separatists?

How patronising do you find the guy in the video?

He underlines - You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect, here it is in full

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I doubt wether anyone is scared, it is something that we are all going to have to get used to for the next few decades. The longer it goes on for the more chance of biological, chemical or even radioactive devices being used. The only thing that is certain is there are going to be a lot more innocent lives lost.

I doubt wether anyone is scared, it is something that we are all going to have to get used to for the next few decades. The longer it goes on for the more chance of biological, chemical or even radioactive devices being used. The only thing that is certain is there are going to be a lot more innocent lives lost.

There will be more of these type of attacks as they don't need many months to plan (like 911) or special knowledge to make bombs etc and they no longer need to kill hundreds at a time killing and injuring a small number is enough to keep their cause in the news and our people in fear, anyone can hire a large 4x4 or van and we cannot stop them using them to kill as we cannot barricade every busy street in every City and town.

How about this for an example.

Earlier in this Thread the country of Lebanon was described as "an Islamist hellhole" ...

Actually, it was stated that Lebanon was turned into an Islamist Hellhole - and that's exactly what it was between 1975 and 1990 when the Lebanese Civil War was raging.

OK, let me put it this way - in the 80s were you afraid of any Irishman you came across?

Probably a bad example. I knew people who were blown up in the Birmingham Pub Bombings and but for a domestic with my mother, my father and his mate would have been occupying their usual position, next to the jukebox in the Tavern in the Town - right on top of the bomb.

Coming from a second generation Irish background, I can tell you now that the antipathy towards the Irish was palpable and probably did a lot of good in changing attitudes in the community - there was certainly a lot less pub collections for "the lads" (the IRA) in Birmingham's pubs and clubs after that night.

We need something similar to affect the Muslim community because radicalism is mainstream and acceptable to the point where a Muslim mate of mine has felt compelled to change mosques three times to get away from it - and at present, Channel 4's survey suggests that two thirds of British Muslims wouldn't report someone that they know to be a terrorist sympathiser to the police.
Pretending that we're all in this together isn't going to change any attitudes now is it?

........ Channel 4's survey suggests that two thirds of British Muslims wouldn't report someone that they know to be a terrorist sympathiser to the police.

Another selective interpretation of a statistic! :doh:

Question 37 on Page 323 of the Survey asks the respondents:

"If you thought that someone who is close to you was getting involved with people who support terrorism in Syria, would you ..."

Talk to the person directly about it to dissuade them? 46%

Look for help? 37%

Report it to the police? 34%

I don't think someone close to me would get involved with people who support terrorism. 27%

Let the person deal with it themselves - I wouldn't get involved. 9%

Don't know. 10%

So, the vast majority of Muslims would actually attempt to dissuade the person concerned and/or look for help elsewhere before reporting the matter to the Police. That fact IS NOT reflected in the above bald statement.

As the Survey figures add up to 163% the respondents must have ticked more than one of the options.

If the weighted figure is taken into account then the above 9% drops down to under 6% ...

... and even then, there is no suggestion that the people who went for ...

Let the person deal with it themselves - I wouldn't get involved.

... in any way "sympathises" with the person; they just don't wish to get involved.

PS

Could anyone who wishes to quote from the above Survey please indicate from which Page they are quoting. :thumb:

Looks like the swear filter allows it. :wink:

And as the old saying goes "That's all folks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back