What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes or purple moose for those who don't understand Welsh. My local always have a keg from them on

That's basically the extent of the welsh I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live a few miles from there. ..what did you find to do? Was the wolf on draft?

The Wolf Rock was on draught at the Castle Hotel. A nice place, but at 59 (today) I was conspicuous by my relative youth and vigour. (For FS).

As to what we did, there are great gardens, walks and castles new and old in North Wales. And then on the way home, visited the broken castle at Denbigh and the fabulous Botanical Gardens at Ness on the Wirral.

Leffe Brune tonight...

.....Cheers..! :drink:

1496425362145.jpg

Happy burp day Slid!
As for drinks....my EKG pale which is very nice and a pseudo lager which is also very acceptable. Just the job after falling asleep down the allotment while gestapo headquarters did the weeding!

Had a couple of bottles of nanny state.. not to bad and certainly better than some low/ free alcohol beers I have tried

a 50/50 mix of two brews,firstly a john bull ipa which I dry hopped with endeavour and my heath robinson hop filter up turned so I had all the loose hops swirling round in the conicle and the taste /aroma is far too hop bitter,secondly a brewmaker IPA which turned out a bit on the sweet side as the FG didn't drop sufficiently,so im pulling half of one and topping up with the other and guess what? MAGIC,so sorted,10 gallon of a quite respectable ale that im happy to quaff:thumb:

First taste of a Better Brew Export Lager, 6%, made with a Fuggles hop tea.....very promising. Next up is a Coopers Dark Ale, 6% and this one was made with a Mosaic hop tea, very nice.

Bottled my ag gh dry stout earlier and just drank the last half out the bucket...this is good to go! Great mouthful and lovely dark roast coffee flavour and aroma..good job I doubled up on ingredients. ..next will be the first of a new batch of pale with c hops.

Still on the Leffe Brune, but the keg is almost empty now. Back on my own tomorrow.......probably....if I am, it'll be the dregs of: Marlon's Summer Saison.

Belgian pale ale. My word is it good.

I did a few Belgian beers using MJ 31 yeast - a Dubbel, two pale ales and a stout. All take a long while to mature, perhaps due to the extreme attenuation of this yeast -1.003 as an FG in an essentially "Big Beer"?

Had one of the worst pints ever on a very rare meal out alone with swmbo. Rev James gold, must have been something wrong with it or the end of an old barrel. Ruined the taste my food and I gave up after half a pint. Pinched her wine instead

a 50/50 mix of two brews,firstly a john bull ipa which I dry hopped with endeavour and my heath robinson hop filter up turned so I had all the loose hops swirling round in the conicle and the taste /aroma is far too hop bitter,secondly a brewmaker IPA which turned out a bit on the sweet side as the FG didn't drop sufficiently,so im pulling half of one and topping up with the other and guess what? MAGIC,so sorted,10 gallon of a quite respectable ale that im happy to quaff:thumb:

I used a brewmaker ipa as a base for one of my beers and it turned out great :thumb:

as for drinking tonight, el cid, whose garden, seasons to be cheerful pt 2 (which is now fully awesome and the best saison i've ever had) and a beavertown gamma ray.

finished off by a stagger upstairs and a flop on the bed :whistle:

goodnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back