The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much. If you want more hop flavour I'd recommend using the CML US Pale Ale yeast instead, it does a lovely job.:thumb:

Annoyingly, I have that in my yeast store but as I was aiming for a more English style hoppy ale, rather than a full on US style, I thought I'd use the ale yeast. Still, lesson learned - malty ales only in the future for this yeast. 😀

I love CML yeast. Got 5 brews at the suppin' stage now, all made with either US Pale, Real Ale or Cali Common and every one is a belter, after the most trouble-free fermentations any homebrew guy could wish for. Just wanted to get that off me chest. Happy today cos our tom cat has returned after going awol for a week. Must get his plums off....

I love CML yeast. Got 5 brews at the suppin' stage now, all made with either US Pale, Real Ale or Cali Common and every one is a belter, after the most trouble-free fermentations any homebrew guy could wish for. Just wanted to get that off me chest. Happy today cos our tom cat has returned after going awol for a week. Must get his plums off....

Does that me he can join the LGBTQWERTY++++ community :-?

I just want to update on the Saison yeast. After whacking an airlock in, giving it a bit of a gentle swirl and upping the temps a tiny bit, it's decided to have another go... So might get it a bit dryer yet. Seems it could be one that likes a little break before finishing work.... :lol: Fingers crossed, glad I decided to leave it another 7 days before doing anything with it though. :whistle: Need to confirm it is doing more though, as only going by the airlock bubbling, need to check the SG see if it has dropped any more.

I just want to update on the Saison yeast. After whacking an airlock in, giving it a bit of a gentle swirl and upping the temps a tiny bit, it's decided to have another go... So might get it a bit dryer yet. Seems it could be one that likes a little break before finishing work.... [emoji38] Fingers crossed, glad I decided to leave it another 7 days before doing anything with it though. :whistle: Need to confirm it is doing more though, as only going by the airlock bubbling, need to check the SG see if it has dropped any more.
Confirmed. Down from 1.015 on 11th, to 1.013 today, and tastes delicious. Nom

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

A new record today - airlock bubbling 2.5 hours after pitching with the Crossmyloof Real Ale yeast. :-o

It's rapid isn't it [emoji23]

Going to try a couple different beers I made with it for the first time in a few days, fingers crossed!

Going to try a couple different beers I made with it for the first time in a few days, fingers crossed!

Yeah, this is the 2nd time I've used it, first was bottled at the weekend so no idea how it'll taste. I really like how quick it goes, have had ones take 3 days to get going before. But the ultimate test will be the taste.

Yeah, this is the 2nd time I've used it, first was bottled at the weekend so no idea how it'll taste. I really like how quick it goes, have had ones take 3 days to get going before. But the ultimate test will be the taste.

Is it clear yet?! All my CML beers have been crystal in 5 days max. Taste great at that stage, too.

I'm waiting too. Already 15 days.

I started mine on 21/10/2017, and it's STILL going, so seems you need some serious patience with it.

Given the better alternatives though, probably not worth the extra waiting. I'll probably just use up what I already have (AFTER I've used the 2 packets of MJs I have... lol), then switch to either MJs or Belle Saison.

I will say though, the beer is REALLY tasty! Gorgeous golden colour too. Still some particles floating around in it though, between that and the fact I could see it "fizzing" in the trial jar, it's definitely still going. :lol:

IMG_20171120_141009.jpg

Rehydrated CML Real Ale yeast yesterday and pitched to my Popcorn Porter and two hours later it had started and bubbling like the trotters.Took off like a rocket in the kitchen and only 16 degrees.....Real fruity smell frim the airlock.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Rehydrated CML Real Ale yeast yesterday and pitched to my Popcorn Porter and two hours later it had started and bubbling like the trotters.Took off like a rocket in the kitchen and only 16 degrees.....Real fruity smell frim the airlock.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Likewise here yesterday with a small batch mild:thumb::thumb:

I've barrelled my Bobeck hopped Canadian Blonde that used the CML real ale yeast; it's much clearer than it usually would be at this point, but despite being hopped with a total of 75g of Bobeck (25@ 15, 25@ 5 and 25 dry hopped for 6 days) the hops appear to have done a runner, and it's just smooth bittered malt. Very odd, don't know if that's normal for the yeast? Hoping for some kind of miracle during conditioning - unlikely I know.

Isn't beer funny stuff? Had the King Keg sat in a water bath at 20 degrees for about a week, then put in the garage to cold crash for a couple of days. Now, obviously, it needs a few weeks to condition, but somehow, this Bobek hop smell and taste has appeared out of nowhere. It's a lovely golden colour. Still a bit cloudy, but give it time.

Isn't beer funny stuff? Had the King Keg sat in a water bath at 20 degrees for about a week, then put in the garage to cold crash for a couple of days. Now, obviously, it needs a few weeks to condition, but somehow, this Bobek hop smell and taste has appeared out of nowhere. It's a lovely golden colour. Still a bit cloudy, but give it time.

Yes funny stuff, I bottled some Yorkshire Bitter a few weeks back and it was almost tasteless in the FV. Two weeks conditioning and carbing and it has developed some really nice fruity esters and hoppiness.

Back