Blue syphon clips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found it. Gonna order a couple, what have you got to lose?

Took me a while to get round to ordering but they arrived today, about a week from China. They look alright, we will find out tonight as I will be bottling some zyderrrrrrr.......:thumb:

Ermm... �£1.51.

Honestly though, I don't know how you buy something and get it shipped over from China for that price. I'm not complaining mind.

Yet that's how it works. Regularly order something for a few bob, never gone wrong. Yeah it might take a month to arrive, but it will arrive.

I bought some a while back. The size adjustment mechanism on mine does not lock quite as positively as I'd like but they're pretty good overall.

I bought some a while back. The size adjustment mechanism on mine does not lock quite as positively as I'd like but they're pretty good overall.
i used mine on sat morning ,and they kept releasing the bottling pipe.
i do have a pvc hose that is soft when warm and stiff when cold, and as i cold crash my beer prior to bottling it makes the pipe very difficult to handle,
i have now ordered a silicone tube so hopefully that will solve my issue

I got a couple of these off ebay and found they do not grip the tube tightly enough so i use a similar set up as below but use my original red clip (as pictured in the OP) to hold the solid tube which i have extended with 20cm of extra solid tube and the blue one to keep a nice curve in the pipe a bit like below but higher i hold it in place with a clothes peg.

s-l640.jpg

I think i may buy a stainless steel bulldog clip and clamp the open end of the blue clip so it holds the tube tighter they are only a few pence on ebay.

I too got fed up of the plastic syphon tube disturbing the trub (it seemed to have a life of its own) so I now use this instead.

There's a "V" cut into the business end of the copper tube so that it can be pushed all the way into the tiny filter.

The tube is gripped quite tightly by the red clip and after setting up the clip on the edge of the FV I can gently push the syphon tube down into the beer until it's at the level that I want it to be. :thumb:

BTW, this isn't my own idea, it was suggested on the Forum a few months ago! :thumb: :thumb:

Copper Syphon Tube.jpg

A rubber band around the clip might do it...

qxQ6mXJ.jpg

Or some insulation tape under the sliding toothed section, for a tighter engagement.

x8oU0ow.jpg

Worth a try, anyway.

I've had no problems with mine. Perhaps it's my syphon tube, or inconsistent manufacturing.

Back