Christmas brews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zippy, how was the ABV on your Donner and Blitzed?

I've just started this off and it only has an OG of 1038. If I'm lucky enough to get a dark beer down to 1010 it's still only going to be 3.7%. Packaging said 5.4%.

I had the same problem when I did a Dasher the Flasher.

Quite disappointed. :-(

my OG was 1038 and FG was 1012 so about 3.5%

Thanks for the heads up on likely ABV.
3.5% is not enough to get me through winter. :)
I'm going to stick 500g of sugar in the FV to boost it a little.

Cheers. :cheers:

I find the kits never get the ABV they advertise. Adding some dried spray malt does the job lovely for increasing the ABV without creating the home brew twang

I find the kits never get the ABV they advertise. Adding some dried spray malt does the job lovely for increasing the ABV without creating the home brew twang

Just put our Brucy bonus into secondary fermenter.First gold hops with orange peel,cardamon and nutmeg added to boil with 200g mixed fruit soaked in Jameson reserve to be added for a seven day soak.ABV 6%.:whistle:

Hi all. After moving house a month ago, I've finally goy round to getting a brew on. Muntons Winter Warmer for £21.50. It's been in the FV an hour now and I wondered if anyone had any advise or things to watch out for. Also I'm interested in sugar amounts for batch priming. Cheers in advance.

Got beerworks winter warmer cinnamon and ginger on. Also their double IPA. Fingers crossed for them.

Nowhere near what you seem to want, but I made a Bulldog Brew Bad Cat kit, with Citra added to the dry hop, up for Christmas, packaged into a pressure barrel on 16/10/2017. Deliciously smooth going down, and at 8% ABV approx will keep us nice and warm on Christmas day. :lol: Gave my wife a pint of it the other day (with the excuse of checking the pressure in the barrel, good job I did as came out under force... lol) and she pretty much necked it then spent a couple of hours informing people that she was pretty much drunk.....:twisted:

I can't be doing with all these "Christmas pudding" brews (I hate Christmas pudding so no surpise...), and my wife hates cinnamon and nutmeg with a passion.

Best be quick though, time's getting on to have a kit ready for Christmas now. You'd stand a better chance with an AG probably.

Not quite in keeping with the post, but I've just put an AG festive Brew on. I'd describe the style as a cross between English bitter and saison flavoured with orange and ginger.

Thanks for the heads up on likely ABV.
3.5% is not enough to get me through winter. :)
I'm going to stick 500g of sugar in the FV to boost it a little.

Cheers. :cheers:

Good shout, Magnus.

I used to do this as standard practice with 2 can Muntons kits (3kg) and it did the trick OK.

Back