Roddy's Strawberry and Lime TC . - 1st attempt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to putting one of these on. All went together this morning and the lock is already showing signs of movement.

My Lowicz bottles however appear to now be in English. Have the same sugar levels etc but the bottles are 400ml not 440 like the Polish jobbies. Have used Roddy's template too, which is mega handy and aiming for 5.5%.

I've just finished my last bottle of raspberry and lemon with 1 lime version, it was my best yet yet and I've done about 60.

Ok. , 10 days in and we are down to 1.000. Gives me 5.5%
This smells wonderful and, surprisingly at this stage tastes really good too. No hard acidic edge to it. The lime comes through well.
All set to bottle tomorrow and batch prime with another 400ml bottle of strawberry polish yummy syrup!
Happy days

Update - well, you know how impatient we can be? 5 days in the bottles. Grabbed a pet and chilled it down. Got some fizz, not great but I would not expect too much at this early stage. Taste, mmmmm, excellent. If this improves then I shall be VERY pleased. It is ok now and it should not be this young.

Since bottling , this has had just over 2 weeks in the warm and has carbed up nicely. I moved it to cold garage 2 days ago. Popped another today and it is lovely. Fruity but the lime comes through. The need for a tad more sweetness is a personal thing and can be easily remedied on pouring if needed. Clear as a bell. Maybe a touch more fizz would be good but it sparkles well in the glass as it is. Deffo make this again and woild be hesitatant to add too many tweaks. Nice one Roddy.

About 2.5 months in bottle has done this some good. Tried it on a Kopparberg fruit cider head yesterday and it got the thumbs up. Quite fizzy now but I like that. The edge has gone off the lime. Must do some more.

Now pushing 3.5 months and I would certainly recommend leaving it this long if you can. I only have 2 bottles left now, which is a shame as I cannot continue the maturing update much longer. Will promise to be more restrained and do better next time.

Interesting. Must get some cider on the go in readiness for the warm weather. If I’m disciplined I can leave it be for 2-3 months and validate your research
Speaking of Turbo Cider. Where is @Roddy these days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Would anybody be able to send me the recipe and the ingredients which where used in this recipe please.
I had a go at a turbo cider last year but it ended up tasting like tramp juice, so I have not bothered making any more .

But I would really like to know how to make this one please.

Many Thanks

Dave

Hi

Would anybody be able to send me the recipe and the ingredients which where used in this recipe please.
I had a go at a turbo cider last year but it ended up tasting like tramp juice, so I have not bothered making any more .

But I would really like to know how to make this one please.

Many Thanks

Dave
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/brewnight-strawberry-and-lime-tc.59702/

Read through the thread as I think the recipe may tweak. I know I used 16l of aj to start not 15. I cannot read through it all now. Hope it helps though.

EDIT - this is the link I was really looking for. Recommend using his excel sheets too.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/brewnight-strawberry-and-lime-tc.70852/

Last edited:
Back