Raspberry Wheat Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizidave

Reaction score
Well, the gravity on my Coopers Wheat kit (brewed short at 20litres) was down to 1.010 (from 1.040) with no signs of activity.

So, i have mashed and strained some of my own frozen raspberries which resulted in 1 litre of pure juice.

Added to FV, will leave till activity dies down and bottle.

Nice colour, hopefully will taste as good as it looks.

I am interested to hear how this turns out.

When I did my Raspberry Wheat I simply mashed up the frozen raspberries and chucked em into the FV. Turned out pretty good, but there were a few "bits" floating about that somehow made it past the filtering process... :oops:

Sounds like he just used the juice... I didn't.. I chucked the whole things in.

The way I did it was to sterilize a strainer and once the liquid was high enough to cover the strainer, I skimmed out the bits with it and then put the strainer under the tube and MOST of the bits went into the strainer.

Only a few escaped. If I did it again in the future, I would probably just use the juice from the fruits.

Yes, all i did is mash up teh fruit and seive it through a nylon seive.

there may be some very fine particles that have got through, but i cant see any "bits" as such, i suppose i will know more when i come to bottle it.

Back