best keg system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean 10 kg??? For the first go, you'll waste it. Things will leak, you'll use it on purging items you don't need to purge. But you'll soon grasp the concept.
Brew on brother. The the only thing that between you and good beer is your mouth! (Sorry, TM)
ok so just talking to a gas man,the 10 litre bottle holds 6.34kg of gas so yes i mean 10 litres=6.34kg of co2 clear as mud lol :mrgreen::mrgreen:

still needing gas ,the last guy has let me down im thinking he was a billy bull**** .
anyone please recommend anywhere around the grimsby/ cleethorpes area..:-(

Cheers bud very close to me will enquire..:thumb:
quick phone call and they want �£97 for a 10 kg tooooo expensive but thanks anyway..
�£65 for the bottle +�£32 to fill it...

Blimey! He didn't charge me that!

Mind you, I buy a lot of gas from him but that's a bit rude.

Wow, I must be lucky. There's a gas supplier in Hastings where I get mine from. £10 deposit on a 6.34kg bottle and £10 refill!! Might be worth a trip down.

That's who I use,you have to write off the �£50 cost of the bottle first time but at �£10 an exchange and delivered to your door at no extra cost its a brilliant service

They won't deliver to me as I live outside their area, I have to go to Rugby to collect it, i'm going to have a chat with the pub landlady here and see if she'll order an extra bottle for me

Ok keg arrived looks in decent condition no dents or any real scratches as such .it was sold as A grade recondition.a couple of newbie keg questions,1. this is the first keg i have seen with a straight dip tube all the ones i have seen on you tube have a curved tube.2 .how the hell you you stop the black rubber coming off everywhere when you wash it down ,the cloth ended up black .for now ive given it a coat of autoglym rubber treatment see if that will help.i guess its just very old rubber degrading over the years.okay i know it does not affect the beer but makes a bloody mess,more complaints from her indoors me thinks :mrgreen:

skid marks from the rubber bases of cornies are a pita, if considering servicing/cleaning the keg in the bath, do so on a non slip bath mat or you will be scrubbing the tyre marks out for days.. my solution has been to do all things corny cleaning out on the patio, and sit the keg on a tray when filling,,

I had to google the product you used and tbh i dont know how long that would stand upto a full keg dropping a few inches onto a hard floor time n time again.

a rubber paint product or perhaps a silicone from a tube could be sculpted over if you have a need to keep floors pristine where kegs will sit for serving?

skid marks from the rubber bases of cornies are a pita, if considering servicing/cleaning the keg in the bath, do so on a non slip bath mat or you will be scrubbing the tyre marks out for days.. my solution has been to do all things corny cleaning out on the patio, and sit the keg on a tray when filling,,

I had to google the product you used and tbh i dont know how long that would stand upto a full keg dropping a few inches onto a hard floor time n time again.

a rubber paint product or perhaps a silicone from a tube could be sculpted over if you have a need to keep floors pristine where kegs will sit for serving?
it was more from the top rubber that i noticed the black coming off all over tbh.
i will see how it goes with the 2 coatings of autoglym rubber care i have put on it..

Ok keg arrived looks in decent condition no dents or any real scratches as such .it was sold as A grade recondition.a couple of newbie keg questions,1. this is the first keg i have seen with a straight dip tube all the ones i have seen on you tube have a curved tube.2 .how the hell you you stop the black rubber coming off everywhere when you wash it down ,the cloth ended up black .for now ive given it a coat of autoglym rubber treatment see if that will help.i guess its just very old rubber degrading over the years.okay i know it does not affect the beer but makes a bloody mess,more complaints from her indoors me thinks :mrgreen:

Yep I got 3 and the black coming off them is a right pita,may look at something similar to what you're doing with it

Skid marks are never good 😳

i have seen some rubber paint that may be worth 20 mins or so to coat the rubber.
will sort it properly may try that.

They won't deliver to me as I live outside their area, I have to go to Rugby to collect it, i'm going to have a chat with the pub landlady here and see if she'll order an extra bottle for me

Spoke to the Pub landlady last night, she ordered me a 6.35KG there and then, they use 60/40 bottles, I assume this will be ok for home use too?

Latest posts

Back