Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone tried red grape juice form sainsburys - its 80p for the "from concentrate" stuff?

Hi!
I've used it as a supplement to low-end wine kits.
My local branch no longer stock it - is it still available?
Lidl "not from concentrate" red grape juice is �£1.09 (if I recall correctly) per litre.

We get ours from either Tesco or ASDA the Don Simon red grape juice comes in 2 litre cartons and is the darkest RGJ we have used.

I haven't tried a new juice in a while so have got some ASDA Copella Apple & Elderflower Juice and i am going to add it to a litre of Red Grape Juice.

Was �£2.98 now �£2.00 for a limited time.

Net Content

1.5 Litres â„®

Ingredients

Apple Juice (99%) , Elderflower Infusion (1%) , Antioxidant: Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) .

5012876393228_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

I haven't tried a new juice in a while so have got some ASDA Copella Apple & Elderflower Juice and i am going to add it to a litre of Red Grape Juice.

5012876393228_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Living life on the edge Chippy ! Lol !
I like the sound of the Elderflower in that.
If turns out good will have a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs Tea ordered it on our monthly shop as she spotted it had elderflower and she has heard me talk about elder wine before, at only 1% infusion it may not be noticeable but its worth a try.

I made a mistake in the earlier post i will be adding it to a litre of Red Grape Juice not a litre and a half of apple juice. (i have edited the original)

I usually try for 11% which I believe to be around 1000g totals, is this about right? I end up with demi just above the shoulder so about 4.4ltr.

I only add 600g and top up to the bottom of the neck which takes it over 4.5 litre it's probably near to 10% which we prefer to 13%.

Hi all, just put this WOW on today, it is a new juice my wife fancied trying from asda as she likes coconut, hoping the flavour may still be there after fermentation.
1ltr coconut 15%, pineapple 60%, lime 5%
1.5 ltr lidl 100% aj
800g sugar making 960g totals.
2 tbag tannin
pect, nutrient, glycerine, citric.
balihoo yeast starter.
top up to 4.5 ltr bottled water.(I ferment in 5ltr plastic then transfer to demi for clearing)

Bottled this yesterday and is really good, only a hint of coconut but the other flavours are really nice, a good fruity wine, my first try without any grape juice and will definitely be doing again.

Well I have Mine still in dj,s have been for 4 weeks there or thereabouts, will need to bottle this week, but a question i have it has a slight twang to it, how can I get rid of it, a campden tablet? Or what do you suggest please.

No chippy, it’s a sort of a strong taste like too much alcohol like special brew sort of taste if that makes sense. Sorry , it’s very vague.

can I get rid of it, a campden tablet?

I haven't had this "twang" but as CT's are to stop the wine spoiling i do not think they will help, ageing may help so i would advise leaving them for a while before trying again.

Well I have Mine still in dj,s have been for 4 weeks there or thereabouts, will need to bottle this week, but a question i have it has a slight twang to it, how can I get rid of it, a campden tablet? Or what do you suggest please.

Could be the type of yeast you used, was it a dedicated wine yeast? Were temperatures OK when fermenting?

Back