Equipment needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennad

Reaction score
Hi- i want to buy my hubby a 2 gallon craft brew kit that I have seen but I have no idea what equipment I need ! Is someone able to enlighten me please ? Also I don't want to spend a fortune !
Thanks
Jenna

@Jennad if you use GetErBrewed look in the sponsor forum there is a thread with discount codes listed you can save 5%.

Ha thanks ! Some of the kits I saw were £100 or more so this looks a bargain. I take it I just need to buy a brew kettle pot thing then as well?
Thanks
Jenna

Ha thanks ! Some of the kits I saw were £100 or more so this looks a bargain. I take it I just need to buy a brew kettle pot thing then as well?
Thanks
Jenna

A brew pot, that would be a 5 gallon souppan (two would be nice though). I assume there already is one present in the kitchen? A metal sieve is also welcome (and convenient in a kitchen). And that's it actually.
Everything I bought more were either improvements or additions to the kitchen outfit. :thumb:

A number of members have had problems with the Woodfordes Wherry Bitter kit fermentation sticking so for a first kit it may be best steering clear of this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this sounds like fob off, it really isn't supposed to be. But it might be worth you phoning or e-mailing say geterbrewed and they can talk you through everything and give you a break down of the minimum gear required.

My Mrs. Got me a coopers starter kit with a young's American pale ale for Christmas last year. She organised it all over the phone with the local homebrew shop nd they put it together for her. Best present ever! All she had to do was nip in and they carried it out and put it in the car for her.

I've never asked but I reckon about 100 quid all in.

Back