Digital Bluetooth Temprature & Humidity Smart Sensor

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ink-bird were kind enough to send me one were they offered them a few weeks ago.

IBS-TH17-01.jpg

http://www.ink-bird.com/products-smart-sensor-ibsth1.html

I've found it to be a nice little product although I can't comment on it's humidity related functions.

It connects readily via BlueTooth to your phone or device giving easy access to an attractive and well thought out interface.

The interface displays temperature and humidity plus a range of controls; swap F to C and back again and change how often it takes reading.

This brings me it's killer function, you can make it display a graph of the temperature as it changed over time. For example if you had fastened the sensor to the side of your FV you could see how the temperature had changed overnight so you could be confident the temperature had held constant.

The device has a magnetic base and mine is stuck on the side of my fermentation fridge just so I can see what has been going on.

Now the down side, the BlueTooth isn't happy about going through walls you may need to be in the same room or at least close by to connect.
Additionally the battery is not replaceable but should last a year but at £40 or so on Amazon I'd like to be able to replace it.

In conclusion while I like the smart sensor and find it a comfort to be able to see what me fermentation temperatures were overnight I think the price is a little high.

Many Thanks to Ink-Bird.

aamcle

As far as I know the battery can not be recharged, I didn't directly mention it but the temperature sensor is on a long cable something like 1-1.5 M.

aamcle

Thank you.
The main function of this product is to record humidity & temperature, the data graph can be downloaded. Very happy it can meet your need.
For the battery, it can be used about 1~2 years. For the Bluetooth, it will be affected by the walls, but we will refine the product according to these reviews.
If there have any problem/ suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely.

Back