Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstin

Reaction score
Just finished this kit - bottled it yesterday. Added too much water by accident so had to make up for it with extra sugar and grape juice added, so not quite the straight kit... alcohol is a bit higher than planned...

Still a very pleaseant drink and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Very pleased with it.

How long did you let it ferment before drinking? Was it the minimum 7 days or longer?

Kirstin said:
Just finished this kit - bottled it yesterday. Added too much water by accident so had to make up for it with extra sugar and grape juice added, so not quite the straight kit... alcohol is a bit higher than planned...

Still a very pleaseant drink and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Very pleased with it.
im drinking this as i type mine turned out great for my first brew of anything

Cellar 7 kits only give you 26 bottles at best. However, I have tried several more expensive cabernet sauvignon kits and found the results much the same, so now I just stick with this, although I do add oak chips.

Cellar 7 kits only give you 26 bottles at best. However, I have tried several more expensive cabernet sauvignon kits and found the results much the same, so now I just stick with this, although I do add oak chips.

Can you explain this - thought you had to top up to fill any gap at racking stage - do you just leave a 3 L gap for 24 hours ? Asking as I just completed a cellar 7 cabernet sauvingnon and topped it up to the neck of the 5 gallon demijohn.

Latest posts

Back