Hello from Todmorden

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikebeer

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have recently started brewing beer with my wife Hannah. So far just Wilco kits -Mexican Cerveza (x3), IPA and Dark Velvet Stout (with added cocoa). Everything has worked out fine so far, apart from the stout having bits (which I've mentioned elsewhere).

Hannah has a PhD in biochemistry which is proving quite useful, as she is keeping a lab book, and apparently the fermentation process is not dissimilar to growing batches of E. Coli!

Ben

Heh, I'm also in Tod, fairly recently moved from Manchester and have had much fun brewing using our spring water supply! :lol: I do all grain stuff though. Logged to do some searching for chocolate porter which I'm going to have a go at tomorrow.

Larry - I know what you mean. So far all the kits we've made have been inoffensive, but not very strong flavoured either. The chocolate stout was probably my favourite apart from the bits.

DiBosco - handy to know you're in the neighbourhood. One day, I'd like to venture into all grain. I imagine your spring water is even better, but the mains supply in Tod is very good. I notice the difference when I'm having a cup of tea back in Manchester!

Back