Hi from Belgium.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skivit

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Chris, originally from Scotland, settled at the crossroads of Europe, where Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany meet.

Brewing with 2x One Gallon kits at the moment with my wife (Lonneke), mostly Brooklyn Brewshop, to get the hang of things. We've started playing with the recipes to see what happens.
Had one over carbonation in the first run, a couple of good 'uns, and the last one no carbonation, still learning every-time. :)
Looking to pick up info and hopefully get some questions answered on the journey to making our own recipes.

See y'all on the forums.

Chris.

Hello folks,
Chris, originally from Scotland, settled at the crossroads of Europe, where Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany meet.

Brewing with 2x One Gallon kits at the moment with my wife (Lonneke), mostly Brooklyn Brewshop, to get the hang of things. We've started playing with the recipes to see what happens.
Had one over carbonation in the first run, a couple of good 'uns, and the last one no carbonation, still learning every-time. :)
Looking to pick up info and hopefully get some questions answered on the journey to making our own recipes.

See y'all on the forums.

Chris.

Welcome Skivit Chris. What a great place you live for beer tasting.! Did you watch 'Belgium for Dummies' on U-tube? If you haven't you need to. It explains why Belgium is so good at beer.
Good luck with your brewing

Thanks marlon,
I'll check out the YouTube vid soon.
Tournée Générale is an excellent programme, Ray Cokes (of MTV fame) and Jean Blaute (Belgian musician/TV presenter), toured Belgium breweries over 3 seasons, to give you a great insight to the people and places behind the success of the Belgian beer industry, past and present. It's what started us on the road to brewing our own. :)

Hello folks,

Chris.

Nice part of the country. We like to hold vacation in Reuver (De Lommerbergen, which is admittedly a little bit further). From there we went to visit Mönchengladbach and Korschenbroich to purchase beer from Bolten. We also like to visit Maastricht and Aachen when we are in the neighbourhood.

In 1990-1991 I was at Bildchen for my military service.

I also started with a small kit, but that was one from Brouwland using malt extract. But in the meantime I had a bucket, and using another bucket from Tom and Co I built a bucket-in-bucket system. I then built a larger bucket-in-bucket system using buckets from the local fries shop, which were destined for recycling.

Nice part of the country. We like to hold vacation in Reuver (De Lommerbergen, which is admittedly a little bit further). From there we went to visit Mönchengladbach and Korschenbroich to purchase beer from Bolten. We also like to visit Maastricht and Aachen when we are in the neighbourhood.

In 1990-1991 I was at Bildchen for my military service.

I also started with a small kit, but that was one from Brouwland using malt extract. But in the meantime I had a bucket, and using another bucket from Tom and Co I built a bucket-in-bucket system. I then built a larger bucket-in-bucket system using buckets from the local fries shop, which were destined for recycling.

i've been to maastricht a few times and have also visited aachen. I tend to use centreparcs - kempervennen and de vossemeren as a base when visiting the limburg/brabant area

@Gerryjo I've had this GSX1100 for around 14 years, unfortunately, its stripped and living in the basement awaiting restoration. :)

Thanks marlon,
I'll check out the YouTube vid soon.
Tournée Générale is an excellent programme, Ray Cokes (of MTV fame) and Jean Blaute (Belgian musician/TV presenter), toured Belgium breweries over 3 seasons, to give you a great insight to the people and places behind the success of the Belgian beer industry, past and present. It's what started us on the road to brewing our own. :)

ROY CAKES :mrgreen:

But welcome here, I guess Lonneke is proficient in German and Dutch?

@Gerryjo I've had this GSX1100 for around 14 years, unfortunately, its stripped and living in the basement awaiting restoration. :)
Mine got a facelift about 5 years past with frame,tank etc resprayed,new tyres,exhaust,sho ks,bearings and replaced all the indicators to mini ones.
Still drives like a dream.Only downside is the weight at 218kg....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back