Bulk buying LME

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetMoFo

Reaction score
HI,
I am about to start extract brewing and came across this web site that sells 15KG LIGHT PREMIUM GRADE LIQUID MALT EXTRACT for £29.99 + £7.50. This is about the price of 3 cans and over 3 times the amount.

My questions are

1) has anyone used this shop before. edit, forgot the link http://www.worcesterhopshop.co.uk/produ ... cts_id=154

2) Is there any advantage/disadvantage to buying in bulk over the expensive cans.

3) is there any better bulk LME than this one.

4) anything else I've missed.

p.s. I will be sharing this with a local brew buddy so bulk buying seems like a good idea. Thanks in advance.

I think I've seen this discussed on the forum before but only once :hmm:
1st question is which shop, I can't see a link :whistle: :grin:
2) Is there any advantage/disadvantage to buying in bulk over the expensive cans.
other than being careful to keep free of germs between uses, none I can think of :cool:
Pass on the other questions :grin:

Thanks for the link, i had discarded extract as a bit pricy but i can see the appeal if im making a 8% porter doing half grain and half extract, could be much more efficent by beersmith 18l of extract being 25kg of grain at my 72% efficency with 4-5% recipes..., especially seemas the shop does marris otter for £20 a 25kg sack... may have to wait till i know how much beer my flatmates drink before i begin ordering this many litres of beer making stuff. :grin:

Also would LME freeze? even if it doesnt surely it would keep better?

Good price on the DME too :thumb:

Unfortunately there isn't much of a selection :D

Latest posts

Back