Back After A Long Time Away

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneray

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening ladies and gents, Neil here from Cornwall.

Been a long time since I have used the forum, must be 4 years at least since I was a regular user. Have lurked on occasion but life and kids got in the way and winemaking came to a virtual standstill.

Never got rid of my equipment, been there, done that, it gets expensive to start again from nothing. I see nothing has really changed on the brewing scene over the last few years, apart from the widely available yeast strains now easily obtainable.

Won't be brewing a lot but I have a few recipes planned, starting with a blackberry and elderberry Port which will hopefully be started tomorrow.

Looking at the long term I really want to have a go at making a homemade Sherry 'Solera', where batches of a homemade Sherry type wine are made and blended over time with similar of a different age. Also want to get into making sparkling wines the proper way, just like the way Champagne is made. The two above recipes are in a book with very detailed instructions that I must have read at least 50 times over the last few years !,

Anyway, that's enough about me. Its good to see lots of new faces and also lots of old ones as well. Be good to catch up soon.

Cheers

Neil

Latest posts

Back