Grumpy Barstewards Corner...The Flip Side...Small Things that make You Happy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and kids.
All the mayhem that goes with them!
Other stuff...
Peace and quiet.
Seeing my eldest grow up (bitter sweet..) both physically and mentally...
My little un crying with happiness on Christmas morning .
And being very close to finishing the mortgage. ..wooohoo!

Seeing someone run for a bus and the driver pulls away just before they get to the doors.

I've just been reading "For the love of hops". It reminded me of when I was a teenager growing up in Kent. We used to go and visit the hop pickers in the evenings and sit round a bonfire with them, the main interest was the fact that there were girls there so we didn't like to miss any opportunities.
My Grandad lived nearby in Plaxtol in a cottage that he rented from the Golding family. The Golding Hop pub which I believe the family used to own is still going strong.

I'm only happy when I'm miserable. True that - having nothing to moan about is dreadful. Y'know what they say about nature and vacuums.

The word "vacuum" triggered these memories of a Primary School teacher it was my misfortune to meet:

1. "I would say that you have nothing between your ears; but even you will have heard of vacuums!"

2. "You are so low that you could crawl under a snake with a top hat on." This was a "miss" because for ages I kept wondering why a snake would be wearing a top hat!

3. Playing in goal I put a foot out of the penalty area whilst still holding the ball and this pillock awarded a penalty to the opposite side. My protest that it couldn't be a penalty earned the comment "You know nothing about the Rules of Football." and when I pointed out that the offence was committed outside the penalty area I was silenced with a clip round the ear and a muttered "Barrack-room lawyer!"

Weird the things you remember ... :thumb:

... and the grudges you hold close to your heart! :whistle:

I'd be happy if IEVER got the bottles back...!:doh:
No doubt! I've had to go to great length to get mine back.

IMG_20170323_074504420.jpg

Spending time with the girlfriend.
Spending time with the nieces and nephew.
Seeing boro win (increasingly rare)
Beer
Whisky

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spending time with the girlfriend.
Spending time with the nieces and nephew.
Seeing boro win (increasingly rare)
Beer
Whisky

Aaah the beauty of young love.
Later it will be "Spending time with the wife" which actually means she's taking you to the shops "Spending":lol:

Aaah the beauty of young love.
Later it will be "Spending time with the wife" which actually means she's taking you to the shops "Spending"[emoji38]
I have found a good one she like beer and is not bothered about shopping. 😀👍

Latest posts

Back