What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just polished off a Pale malt, Magnum/Cascade/Chinook IPA fermented with The Crossmyloof US Pale Ale yeast (78% Attn). Fantastic brew if I do say so myself ;)

Caxtons DArk real ale from a kit and a couple of Ghost Ship. Do I have another....no I think not, not on a school night. And a worrying thought that the need to come on here and post what im drinking every time I have a drink is not normal behaviour!

Couple of bottles of brewdog kingpin left over from Christmas. I only went into the garage to get a tape measure honest love...

OK, so last night, after a very pressing couple of days at work, I felt the need for a beer. Strictly speaking, I have nothing ready just yet. I popped to Asda and popped four bottles of lovely into the trolley, and for some reason looked back....to find the 4 for £5 offer had been removed. Most stuff I wanted was £1.82. OK so £7.20 odd for four isn't much more, but on the basis of "up yours" I returned the bottles to the shelf.

I then mooched about the house moodily for a bit.

Eventually I raided my Australian Pale Ale (recently bottled, nicely carbonated, new and raw, but very acceptable).

It did the job....so I had another.

tried the two new beers from Guinness. milk stout and Antwerpen stout both excellent beers. well recommended :thumb:

Eldest son 13 today so he requested bowling and Tea out....2 pints of San Miguel which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and 2 pints of Samuel Adams Boston lager which was OK. .

I didn't drink anything tonight because I started early and was finished and fast asleep by 3pm! :thumb:

The original carpet from No.1 son's new flat is now gracing the brewing end of the garage!

I finished laying the carpet (it fits where it touches due to some fine trimming with a Stanley knife :whistle:) and celebrated the event with:

o Two 650ml bottles of Bitter at a 7.88% ABV (bottled since 14th February it is starting to taste really nice).

o A 500ml bottle of Mild at a 3.41% ABV (still very immature but slowly coming good).

o An extended nap!

It's great being old! You can nod off at any time of the day or night and it's quite "normal". :thumb:

PS

On viewing the new carpet SWMBO commented "That looks nice. You will have to make sure that you don't spill anything on it."

This from the woman who has had to drive me to hospital on three occasions after I've injured myself due to my very own clumsiness and stupidity! :doh:

Last edited:
I didn't drink anything tonight because I started early and was finished and fast asleep by 3pm! :thumb:

The original carpet from No.1 son's new flat is now gracing the brewing end of the garage!

I finished laying the carpet (it fits where it touches due to some fine trimming with a Stanley knife :whistle:) and celebrated the event with:

o Two 650ml bottles of Bitter at a 7.88% ABV (bottled since 14th February it is starting to taste really nice).

o A 500ml bottle of Mild at a 3.41% ABV (still very immature but slowly coming good).

o An extended nap!

It's great being old! You can nod off at any time of the day or night and it's quite "normal". :thumb:

PS

On viewing the new carpet SWMBO commented "That looks nice. You will have to make sure that you don't spill anything on it."

This from the woman who has had to drive me to hospital on three occasions after I've injured myself due to my very own clumsiness and stupidity! :doh:
That's typical coming from H&S personnel [emoji23]

Sent from my ALE-L21

o An extended nap!

PS

On viewing the new carpet SWMBO commented "That looks nice. You will have to make sure that you don't
spill anything on it."

Pmsl!!
Your just like me...I'm clumsy! And I have to have naps!! Even the meds help!
:lol:

Picked these up from Sainsbury's tonight as I've never had them before and thought I would give them a try.
00f299daeef0e2e126838036447a914e.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21

d583c8a9bbd314e0aabeda74bc2a329b.jpg

Might be a few evenings worth here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a Youngs Harvest Pilsnet, dry hopped with 30g of Polaris hours, in a glass my mate gave me during the week. I have lined up a Wherry, Saaz, a John Bull Lager, Falconer Flight and a probably too early (but the bottle is carbed) John Bull Best Bitter with hops that the label has fell off somewhere down the line so that'll be interesting. All of them about 6%, I'll see how far I get.

_20170324_173750.jpg

A mini keg of my new year beer from Brooklyn brewshop book! Been in keg for 2months and is very nice, at 7.5% though I may not finish it tonight

IMG_0647.jpg

A Fuller's ESB clone tonight, that I brewed and Corny kegged back in October. Not a bad pint.....think I'll be doing this one again... :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back