Chapman Thermobarrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm. Seems a hell of a lot to pay for something that can't be used for anything other than mashing grain!

Personally I'm happy with my home-made Mash Tun and separate Boiler but if I was considering spending that amount of money I would be looking at adding something to it and going for a Grainfather or Braumeister. :thumb:

That looks well built. You can buy thermo pots in the UK but i went off the idea when i found out about recirculating systems as you cant step mash very easily. https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/insulated-thermos-pots.html

Correction. There is a port for recirculating on the chapman barrel but you would have to be able to heat the pot.

Last edited:
buy a thermopot from the ebay.fr seller of them, email for a price [email protected]

10 US gallons id only 37litres, i use a couple of 80l thermopots, which cost circa ��£100 each..

fitting a bottom drain is easy with the right tools, a 20mm qmax punch for neat drain hole, an angle grinder to chop down SS fittings, and a belt sander to grind down the last few mm of SS fittings.. ��£50 should buy the bits needed for a simple bottom drain. 1/2" skin fitting , 90 degree elbow, barrell nipple and valve..

and a cut to size perforated SS false bottom should come in at less than ��£50 too though its been a while since i put mine together ..

its an easy job the pita aspect is grinding down the fittings to fit within the base void.

Just ordered the 50l thermo pot
93 Euros delivered to the UK
All I need now is the tools for the bottom drain
Anyone got a link to the perfect false bottom for this.
Also any tools floating around on the forums here. I see other forums are sharing tools.
Unfortunately the last user has gone underground.
51mm starrett tct holesaw
3, 6 and 11mm cobalt drill bits
21mm qmax cutter

Thx

Back