The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would ferment @12c with 2 packs. I have yet to try it but worked well at 15c.

I'm trying two packs at 14oC (internal temp reading from a probe in the brewmaster bucket) I'm fascinated to see how it pans out.
Although it went off like a rocket at that pitch rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attenuation aside, how does a pack of CML American Ale Yeast perform in terms of taste and quality? Could I use it instead of WLP001 with no discernible difference?

Attenuation aside, how does a pack of CML American Ale Yeast perform in terms of taste and quality? Could I use it instead of WLP001 with no discernible difference?

I will caveat by saying that I've never used a liquid yeast for a US Pale/IPA, but I would say yes the CML is usable in place of the better known brands. I don't find it flocculates brilliantly (it's a bit like US05 with wispy trails in the bottle rather than a solid layer) but it's a good clean flavour. I've found my most recent use of it doesn't have loads and loads of hop aroma but that could be as much to do with the hops I chose rather than the yeast stripping that away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just recieved some more yeast's.US Pale which i have used before a few times:thumb:
Some English Ale yeast as yet untried and cider yeast which has gone off like a rocket on two turbo's.Have stock now of Kolsch,US Pale,Common,Belgian and English:thumb:

Yes and no (Helpful as ever, me :mrgreen:) Depends what you want it for. There not an exact sub for each other. The CML ale is loads more malty than the gervin ad the gervin is very clean for an ale yeast, but they both can be used for a bitter for example, they'll just have different flavour profiles

This may have contributed to the overly malty newkie brown I made using CML real ale yeast.

Will try Wilko Gervin next time on a ale.

Used their English ale yeast on a St Peter's golden ale kit (brewed for me brother) and it took off really well with a good krausen - no complaints so far.....have to wait to see what the flavours like...

That's dreadful - I've only got 11 packs left! Meanwhile, a recent brew made with their Cali Common is threatening to disappoint... six days in bottle and it ain't clear. If it had been US Pale or Real Ale I'd be tucking in by now.

Latest posts

Back