What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First taste of a Coopers, gentle coffee chocolate stout, 5.8%. 2 weeks in the bottle, first taste. Now, where did I leave that patience? It was there a minute ago. I'm wondering if we could start a self-help group for people who can't let beer condition to maturity. I know they all taste great after 4 months but when I've not had a beer since Saturday and I'm loading up the fridge on a Wednesday for Friday I have the restraint of a 15 year old on their birthday (sorry, I've got twin fifteen year old boys, may God have mercy on my soul).

I picked up a four pack of Elvis Juice (I normally refuse to buy BD beer) but Tesco had £3 off and the 4 pack £4.

I think they have to as they've got to change the name *s******s*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did I do something wrong here @chippytea or is this an autocorrect identification of something that might be rude?

Crikey that's come around quick mate. Best of luck with No2.

Best I get a few more brews on to send over bottle swaps as time for brewing will be limited for a few months.

Tell me about it, been trying to get a porter on for a few weeks but been too busy, hopefully I will get a late night brew on sometime soon.

Tell me about it, been trying to get a porter on for a few weeks but been too busy, hopefully I will get a late night brew on sometime soon.

I know your pain. I've literally just pitched and put in the brew fridge (11:30pm) another Kolsch to leave to ferment while I'm on holiday. It's tough these days with two to get a brew going.

Had a few earlier and now sharing this 750ml ninkasi from wild beer with myself. This is different to say the least, slightly sour yet sweet as well, nicely dry and a little funky so much going on in this beer but nicely balanced at the same time.

DSC_0635.jpg

back late from seeing my sister in law

had my first HB in weeks a weizen which was lovely and now I am having a Bishops Finger..... I haven't had a BF for a few years and I remember it being not bad at all, but this one i have is pretty bad.. I actually wonder whether I got a dud one.. its not undrinkable or stale its just quite poor, I dont buy commercial beers often and this was because my latest brew was looking dodgy so I bought some to just help keep the stocks up .. the ghost ship was nice but this... dunno it just isn't how I remember it

Had an Orval Trappist beer, was ok but I'm not really into these Belgian beers. It was quality but not a fan of the banana esters. I kind of enjoyed it but wouldn't buy it again. Just wanted to try something different from my usual IPA/apa. Also had a couple of brewdog beers

Have had two amber ales,a second runnings with rye and roast barley,a tweaked brew form a mate and I forgot what it was though nice and citrussy and two of my lucky 7 brews.
I'm on a streak tonight as I usually get to 4 bottles and I'm bladdered but we'll see as it maybe another.
Hmm what to go for.
#Greedyget.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Good luck with number 2! How old is your first?

I've found early morning brewing (prep then night before) to be the easiest since my second was born, let's you sort of dip in and out through the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with number 2! How old is your first?

I've found early morning brewing (prep then night before) to be the easiest since my second was born, let's you sort of dip in and out through the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is 2.5 years. Yes mornings would be best. We are usually up early and waste a few hours in the morning, playing, eating 3 breakfast etc.

He is 2.5 years. Yes mornings would be best. We are usually up early and waste a few hours in the morning, playing, eating 3 breakfast etc.

Does get easier though, my yougest turned 6 a few weeks ago and he was starsanning my bottles in the rinser yesterday when bottling my "funky has it gone wrong?" beer.

Tonight is a Gale's Festival Mild clone, for 25L:

Pale Ale malt 5kg
Crystal 200g
Black Malt 300g
Moscovo Dark Sugar 500g

Endeavour hops 31g/16g/15g at 60m/15m/5m
Safale S 04

Very good after 8 weeks in the bottle

Could be almost any hops in a beer like this, to be fair.

Does get easier though, my yougest turned 6 a few weeks ago and he was starsanning my bottles in the rinser yesterday when bottling my "funky has it gone wrong?" beer.
Gets even easier as they grow older when they wash,clean up and even help to bottle [emoji106]

Tesco has has 4 for £6 back again so have a selection two of which I've never tried before.
Adnams broadside and Old empire IPA.
cec667e7860009e1dd95ceceec23a92d.jpg

Drinking Schneider Weisse Tap 6 - Weizenbock. Followed by my own Weizenbock. I have some way to go.

On Saturday night had a few mates round for a beer tasting and got through this little lot. The Mikkeller Cascade IIPA was a particular highlight for me.
oKbAE49.jpg

I bottled the Pale Ale with the "one teaspoon of sugar per bottle" instead of my usual "Batch Prime".

I had this deep suspicion that some bottles got two teaspoonful instead of the regular one ...

... and today I found one! :doh:

Ninety-nine percent foam and one percent ale!

I opened a second bottle until it got down to normal; and then drank both of them! :thumb:

A well earned pint though! :whistle:

An early start...to celebrate the piccalilli! And...because I can...first my pseudo lager. ..coming along very nicely thank you very much Myqul for suggesting I brew one..hats off to you sir!

20170815_181447.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back