What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An early start...to celebrate the piccalilli! And...because I can...first my pseudo lager. ..coming along very nicely thank you very much Myqul for suggesting I brew one..hats off to you sir!

That’s a lovely clear beer matey [emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Better Brew Czech Pilsner, with a mystery hop tea (Don't ask). And very nice it is.

image.jpg

An early start...to celebrate the piccalilli! And...because I can...first my pseudo lager. ..coming along very nicely thank you very much Myqul for suggesting I brew one..hats off to you sir!

That looks outstanding :hat:

Mrs Clint just took me out for an impromptu pint....two pints of Eastgate golden ale...a Cheshire brewery....very nice!! She and the youngest filled up on toffee pudding and choc brownies with ice cream. ..
Back home....youngs apa. ..

Having one of these Thornbridge Sours for the first time. It's a little disappointing tbh. Drinkable, but not a great example of a sour beer. There's a rather prominent fruity hop flavour in the finish which is very odd, never tasted a hoppy sour before and I'm not sure it works.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a real sour, it tastes like a standard beer with lactic acid added to it.
Zx0FH7z.jpg

Taking a real liking to Oakham Ales, especially the Citra and Scarlet Macaw. Not a massive ale drinker, but will pick a few of these up every now and then.

IMG_2057.jpg

Having one of these Thornbridge Sours for the first time. It's a little disappointing tbh. Drinkable, but not a great example of a sour beer. There's a rather prominent fruity hop flavour in the finish which is very odd, never tasted a hoppy sour before and I'm not sure it works.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a real sour, it tastes like a standard beer with lactic acid added to it.
Zx0FH7z.jpg

I didn't like it either

Zx0FH7z.jpg

Steve, it's the best you'll get in a major uk supermarket and I suppose it's not too frightening to a newbie, its more a gateway into sours. So I give it the thumbs up, but next to a boon or horal mega blend, no comparison. call it a korma of sours vs the vindaloos that boon or horal etc are. :lol:

I bought a few M&S single hop beers recently and made a start on them tonight. The Amarillo was lovely, then my home brewed IPA Cascade was also very good. Unfortunately I finished on a bottle that I found rather unpleasant, Mosaic pale ale, brewed by Adnams; it smelt like festering gym socks, and tasted much the same.

I have looked at the write up for mosaic, which is largely positive, so it is either Adnams who have c*cked up, or I just find mosaic unpleasant.

Its a long time since I poured a beer down the drain, but this was a relief.

I bought a few M&S single hop beers recently and made a start on them tonight. The Amarillo was lovely, then my home brewed IPA Cascade was also very good. Unfortunately I finished on a bottle that I found rather unpleasant, Mosaic pale ale, brewed by Adnams; it smelt like festering gym socks, and tasted much the same.

I have looked at the write up for mosaic, which is largely positive, so it is either Adnams who have c*cked up, or I just find mosaic unpleasant.

I tried the mosaic on an Adnams tour and found it the worst beer I have ever tasted.

Amarillo IPA ag. 1week in bright tank and force carbonated. Can now see why ag is so much better than kits or eb. Another ag brew tomorrow.

A Belgian blonde from @jceg316, NEIPA from @strange-steve and one of my own. For me on a Wednesday that's a lot.....

I love that beer, so chances are you just don't like the hop and I do!

Steve, it's the best you'll get in a major uk supermarket and I suppose it's not too frightening to a newbie, its more a gateway into sours. So I give it the thumbs up, but next to a boon or horal mega blend, no comparison. call it a korma of sours vs the vindaloos that boon or horal etc are. :lol:

Yeah you're right, I've just been spoiled by too many Belgian beers. It's perfectly drinkable and quite refreshing actually, but it'd be a shame if people let this put them off trying other sour beers.

While I'm here in sunny Spain this beer has been hitting the spot from a 35oC heat and all day drinking by the pool point of view. Not what I would normally drink, but a real thirst quencher.
76e33ee15026b42e29cc726fe9c4f25d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back