More questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackPerks

Reaction score
Hello I'm back,

I'm just planing my next brew and would like to know a couple of things.

1. When and how do you use yeast Vit?

2. When making a yeast starter can I use the yest that comes with the kit?

Thank you

Beer wort doesn't usually need vitamins added as they are usually already in the wort. But if you want to add them you can and it would be normal to add before you add the yeast. As for the kit yeast follow the instructions, but you can make a starter with any yeast and it will not do any harm. But some yeast are designed to be sprinkled in dry without a starter. But making a starter will not do any harm and speeds up the process of getting it fermenting.

Should you be making a starter if the kit comes with dried yeast? As I understand it you should rehydrate it, but that's not the same thing as making a starter?

[

I've been doing kits for about a year now and I've done about 15 and 1 partial (most recent) and I always just sprinkle it over the top of the wort as it rehydrated in its own time and I find it works great, with nearly all brews starting to ferment writhing a few hours, I used liquid yeast (wlp028) for the partial though it worked great to.

Back