Advice required.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The term "sensei" is Japanese and apparently home-brewing beer in Japan is illegal. :whistle:

Maybe you should ask your sensei how he/she accounts for the fact that the product we know as "lager" is traditionally fermented under very cool conditions for many weeks? :thumb:

I can do no more than reiterate that many brewers on this Forum (myself included) swear by the 2+2+2 method for brewing beer. :thumb:

I asked. Slow budding. Matt Kaeberlein and Dan Gottschling wrote about longevity in yeasts. The last buddings can be very odd in results.
And frankly I don't care about Japan.

So. Last weekend (After 2 weeks) the SG was 1.010. Today (a further week) it is the same. Do I need to add another yeast? If so, does it have to be the same yeast? I don't have another of the same.
Getting worried...

no change in SG in a week means fermentation has stopped.. and at that SG i think it would be safe to bottle it. (but somebody who is a little more experienced than me should confirm) :thumb:

no change in SG in a week means fermentation has stopped.. and at that SG i think it would be safe to bottle it. (but somebody who is a little more experienced than me should confirm) :thumb:

Thanks for your thoughts. Anyone second that?

Thanks for your thoughts. Anyone second that?
Most beers typically end up somewhere about 1.010 so if your beer has been there for a week it is safe to bottle. And not only that by leaving it you have given the yeast chance to clean up plus it should now be almost clear which will mean you don't end up with lots of yeast being carried forward but enough to carb up.

Back