My personal best (so far)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevey

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is my best homebrew ever!
I brewed this back in may, and have been trying to reduce my beer gut; so its had quite a while to condition.

Its the clearest all grain I've ever made, probably as its been in the fridge such a long time. I don't usually worry about a bit of haze, but it's nice to get one perfectly clear for once.

I'm not great at identifying flavours, although I do know what I like. It tastes quite fruity and hoppy to me, a real refreshing pint; the head lasts till the end. I'll be making this again without a doubt. :thumb:

I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but luckily I saved it. It looks like it might have been a "get rid of excess hops recipe", but surely I wouldn't have come up with such a good recipe on my own. Anyway, I,ve called it "Liquid Gold" :

for 25 litres,

5.00 kg Maris otter (97.09%)
150g torriefied wheat (2.91%)

12g challenger @ 90 mins
31g EKG @ 90 mins
35g first gold @ 20 mins
20g citra @ flameout (which for me means, I chuck 'em in the no chill cube and leave them overnight)

3g of Irish moss @ 15 mins.

Mashed at 66C for 90 mins,
fermented at around 20C with danstar windsor.

20160729_133923.jpg

Hi
Your liquid gold recipe looks good. I would like to try it. Could you explain what you mean No Chill Cube,

regards
kenny

Hi, the no chill cube is simply a 25 litre food safe plastic canister. I just run the hot wort into it and leave overnight to cool before pitching the yeast. As long as the wort is above 65c there are no sanitation issues, mine is usually around 85c. I don't move it very far while hot as the handle always feels a little flexible.

Just did a search on eBay. It was a long time ago so dont have a link. I think I paid 8 quid each.

I've bought the ingredients to make this beer, ingredients are the easy part as I find that getting the day to do it isn't so readily available!

Sounds like a nice beer.

The recipe was posted on here about a year a go, but can't remember by who[/QUOTE

It was me, however I have made better since with the same grain bill, but more hops. I know it makes a more expensive brew, but for me, more hops is better.

Latest posts

Back