What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's caner . ...ajhutch. ...that agave cerveza looks interesting. .

Cheers

Clint

That's what I started with. It was interesting, a nice light lager with a bit of a citrusy kick. Session IPA now and then I'm done!

Started with a Witkap Dubbel from my recent jaunt to Belgium, then an EKG smash ale. Only 4 of these left now :(

It's done the trick, I've sunk so deep into the sofa, I can't see myself leaving.

Something a bit special for me tonight, a bottle of Serpent brewed by Thornbridge and Brooklyn. It's a belgian golden ale fermented with brettanomyces from cider apples and barrel aged for a year. It's very unusual, sharp, dry, fruity, very nice. Almost like a lambic blended with strong cider. Delicious.

I pretty much had the whole bottle of that on my thornbridge tour as everyone else was driving :-)

3d631b502d11e816f104895e86518e7a.jpg

My offering...

be1fe871cd461e08c165748e5bab3a25.jpg

My mates offering...

Epic night!

Just had one of my own, a black IPA although under abv which is in a barrel,really good and what a difference from bottled.:thumb:

Yesterday I had a bottle of millionaire by wild beer it's a salted caramel, chocolate milk stout, and I think vanilla is also added bloody hell it was lovely, disappointed I give my father the second bottle. Also had a smog rocket, smoked porter which was ok.

Just found a bottle of ship yard so starting on that tonight

I opened another of my English IPA. By god what an improvement I will enjoyed that.

Now in a stout that I made about two years ago, extract/partial mash. It's got nothing in a ag pint.

I went into M&S today to get a bottle of the flip top unfiltered German Lager I'd seen a couple of weeks ago but their small Broughty Ferry store didn't have it so I got a bottle of their "own brand" American IPA (brewed by Arbor Brewery Bristol) and it was very nice. Nice balance between flavour/aroma and bitterness.

Just opened a Stone Cali-Belgique IPA from the new Tesco offerings. It's supposed to be normal Stone IPA brewed with a Belgian yeast. Wow! Completely different beer. Its like a Trippel on steroids. Lots of clove and phenol/esters from the yeast. I should have bought more than one!

Picked these up from Sainsbury's tonight as I've never had them before and thought I would give them a try.
00f299daeef0e2e126838036447a914e.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21

I think I poured both of them down the drain. Awful beer. I will never buy another sainburys own brand beer again.

Wonderful Cascade beer bottled 5 March - the second running's of a parti-gyle experiment started in mid Feb. Lovely beer.

4 for a sixer from The Asda...
Old Tom with Chocolate, Yep. Full bodied, deep chocolate body, moorish and strong, I could sink a few of those, unfortunately so could my missus who requisitioned the whole glass after trying a sip.
Caledonian Brewing Co Three hop lager, Nope. tastes like a mash smells. No hop aroma and no redeeeming qualities.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Yep. Light, dry, refreshing. Prefer more hop forward ale but this will do nicely as a compromise.
Goose Island IPA, Yep. Bitter, malty, citrus hop, smooth mouth feel, great aroma. Best of the bunch and right up my street.
Next stop the garage...

I think I poured both of them down the drain. Awful beer. I will never buy another sainburys own brand beer again.

The Ale was just about pallet able but the IPA was like a bad lager.Unfortunately I bought them so I drank them but shall never buy another.
Having my Hoppy Stout tonight but only two as I'm not feeling the best.

I was volunteered to cook last night, and since it was nice outside, and I'm a bloke, I opted to burn meat with fire. There was double prep then, because I had to recommission the BBQ as well as prepare chicken and veggie kebabs, pork ribs, and some fish for the bairn. Plus some green stuff for looking at.

This sort of work requires significant lubrication, so I opted for 1 bottle of my Aussie Pale Ale that has been chilling all day, followed by the Asda 4 for 6.....and a couple of little uns from Aldi.

So...

Old Peculier
Asda's own Golden Ale (Shep Neame, I think)
Asda's own Porter
Asda's own Gentleman Jack
a 99p coffee porter from Aldi
summat else - forget what

Fair to say, the meal was a tremendous success, and no fences were consumed by flames in the process.

Just had a couple of Ibuprofen and a Berocca-thing, and all will be well. :whistle:

af7eeae3d63617e1b2e0c51ed7bf3aa0.jpg

A change to the norm to salute my mother. After a heavy weekend it's really quite refreshing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back