Tropical mango pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just bottled up(into various sized bottles) 5 litres of Mango pale ale.
Aroma was good,Used experimental hops which were adverised as various fruit aromas,just remains to see on the taste:)
Held back a tad with the mango,less is best!!!!:)
Headed under light hybrid beer as not sure what it would come under really!!!!

5 litre batch. Partial mash.5 litre mash.2.75 litre dunk. 60 min boil
Pale malt 490 grams
Carahell 45 grams
Caramalt 65 grams
Light spraymalt 250 grams--------------------1/2 at start,half at 15 mins
Challenger pellets 6 grams 60 min
1/4 protofloc tablet 15 min
Experimental pellets (from Geterbrewed) 5 grams 10 min
Styrian goldings 5 grams 5 min
Experimental pellets 5 grams 5 mins
Experimental pellets 5 grams At turn off
Styrian goldings 5 grams At turn off
Experimental 5 grams dry hop 5 days
Styrian goldings 5 grams dry hop 5 days
Defrosted mango chunks 150 grams 5 days
1/2 pack gervin re hydrated
OG 1.042. FG 1.008. abv 4.4%. IBU 40.47. SRM 5.29
Forgot to add the 10 min hops! so those and the 5 min ones all went in at 7 minutes!!!!:roll:

Have had two very very early tasters of this.My lad had one this afternoon as well. Very nice indeed and very much like the experimental hops.
Will be brewing with those again and am going to order some more up soon.
Now,does the mango come through!,not sure really but an overall fruity pint:thumb:

Looks great, i've tried one with frozen raspberries that turned out great, maybe mango next time :)
It is a really nice beer.As i say, not sure if the mango is showing that much but along with the Geterbrewed experimental hops it is a nice drop:thumb:

This has gone down very well with those to whom i have given some bottles.
One to re brew for next summer in a larger quantity.
Have already ordered up more of the experimental hops from Geterbrewed:thumb:

This has gone down very well with those to whom i have given some bottles.
One to re brew for next summer in a larger quantity.
Have already ordered up more of the experimental hops from Geterbrewed:thumb:

Hi Chub,
This is my next brew so I just wanted to ask if you thought the mango taste was enough or would you up it next time.
I'm planning a 12l BiaB using a combination of Amarillo, Simcoe and Mosaic hops and plan to use maybe 900g of frozen mango chunks, any thoughts please ?
Cheers.

Hi Chub,
This is my next brew so I just wanted to ask if you thought the mango taste was enough or would you up it next time.
I'm planning a 12l BiaB using a combination of Amarillo, Simcoe and Mosaic hops and plan to use maybe 900g of frozen mango chunks, any thoughts please ?
Cheers.
Good question.Think i would possibly up it a tad.It was very pleasant and those i gave away went down well,all said it was very refreshing and fella along the road to me who also brews said he could tell that mango was in it!..
Alas my taste buds are not great at telling what is what with hops etc. Yes i can detect citrus etc,but am lost when people say ahhhhhhh that has woody and pine notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another guy on here also brewed one and he reckoned it was really good.

Started this brew yesterday, swapped the mosaic hops for Ekuanot and just bought 1kg of frozen mangos.
One question, I believe it's best to add the fruit while the fermentation is still active but died down, after about 5 days which is fine, but should I leave the fruit in until the end or pull it out a few days before bottling ??
Cheers.........

Started this brew yesterday, swapped the mosaic hops for Ekuanot and just bought 1kg of frozen mangos.
One question, I believe it's best to add the fruit while the fermentation is still active but died down, after about 5 days which is fine, but should I leave the fruit in until the end or pull it out a few days before bottling ??
Cheers.........
All i can say is that i left the mango in for 5 days(added day 5) before racking.

Had my first bottle last night, only 2 weeks since bottling so still quite green but................................IT'S LOVELY :thumb:

Nice mango taste but not too overpowering or too sweet, this is definitely a high class brew. :)

Back