The brew house is go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In liverpool I'm afraid but the sentiment is greatly appreciated.

Fellow scouser here. Do you know Top Rope Brewing? They're Liverpool based and (at least @ first) operate commercially out of their converted shed. They (well one of them at least) turn up fairly regularly at the Liverpool homebrew club and are happy to talk, so if you've the time/inclination, might be worth popping by (at Black Lodge brrwery, Kitchen St, first Thursday of each month from half seven)

Little progress to speak of right now. Gonna finish skimming the plasterboard before painting this weekend but will be collecting the equipment on 12th August. Can't wait.

Cheers mate. I'm a bit out of town so it's unlikely I'll make it. Cheers for the invite though.

They're good couple of lads and have actually been really helpful already to be honest. Nice to see that people will assist where they can.

This is great to follow! Excited to see how it's going to end up looking! Slightly jealous, but something to consider when buying our next home!

Re ventilation, I'm going to put in a bathroom fan eventually. Initially, there are two doors so I'll just be relying on flow through.

Put together the brewery today...

IMG_20170812_164152_1.jpg

Great thread.

How are you getting on? Space looks tight, I suspect not enough for all the fermentors you'll need.

Going good. The day job got a bit mental which slowed things up a bit but planning on finishing the control panel next weekend.

I've got two Fermenteggs (250l) which are bigger than I thought, but should still be good on room.

Right, brewery "hackathon" planned this weekend. Early start and keep going until it's done... Jobs remaining are;

- Fitting a tap to the cold water pipe and extending it to its final position,
- painting walls, ceiling and floor,
- wiring the control panel up and connecting all of the digital components,
- Insulating the kettles
- final leak testing.

Photos and update to follow...

Right, some progress made. Painted, insulated and control panel done.

Few more bits before the brewing starts.

IMG-20171021-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20171021-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20171021-WA0005.jpg

Back