Beaverdale and other Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrewer

Reaction score
I drink beaverdale all the time now ive tried all the kits and beaverdale turn out the best, All my family and friends thinks its the stuff i bought out the supermarket :thumb:

well it is occasionally nice and appropriate to dig out an old post but......

I now have to agree. Having tried a few of the more up market kits, (Kenridge, CC etc ) I keep coming back to the Beaverdale by choice. The Pinot Noir is excellent especially when patience is applied to the initial brewing.

Now, that said, having had a few Pinot Noir kits done very successfully (imo), I need to ask....... can any of you REALLY recommend any of the other Beaverdale varieties before I plunge in. I know it is the coward's way out but with there being so many to chose from I do not want to turn another 40 squids to cooking juice I can help it.

well it is occasionally nice and appropriate to dig out an old post but......

I now have to agree. Having tried a few of the more up market kits, (Kenridge, CC etc ) I keep coming back to the Beaverdale by choice. The Pinot Noir is excellent especially when patience is applied to the initial brewing.

Now, that said, having had a few Pinot Noir kits done very successfully (imo), I need to ask....... can any of you REALLY recommend any of the other Beaverdale varieties before I plunge in. I know it is the coward's way out but with there being so many to chose from I do not want to turn another 40 squids to cooking juice I can help it.

How long before its drinkable? I fancy trying a 6 bottle kit but its nearly £15 so have never got around to it.

I have done a few beaverdale kits and they are great. Drinkable very young but get better and better so I would recommend at least 3 months but only if you are in a real hurry as its best after 6+. The 2 I have done are merlot and the one that used to be called rioja but was rebranded rojo tinto or something both as good as each other in my opinion.

I've not made many kits, where does Beaverdale fit in on scale? Low-Mid like a Cellar 7, or more like the CC ?

CC Rojo Tinto is next on my list, but just a gallon to see if Its nice

There usually around the same price as the CC give or take a fiver, geterbrewed have a 10% discount on there beaverdale kits atm.

I was very impressed by the beaverdale merlot i made last year, still a few bottles left, as i type I'm listening to a beaverdale sauvignon blanc bubbling away in the corner. Hopefully will be as good.

To be honest I'm more into all grain beer brewing now rather than brewing from kits, that is what really gets me going but we do drink a certain amount of wine and the merlot was better than anything we would buy at the cheaper end of the market so hoping to take a few weeks out of beer production to be self sufficient in wine that i would happily drink or serve to guests.

I get the Beaverdale 30 bottle kits from Creative Wines at a tad under £39 which puts it mid range. £45 for free delivery but there are always a few accessories required ;)

We have yet to experience a bottle over 6 weeks in the bottle so in an effort to remedy that will up production.

I do follow the instruction also to rack first at 1.010.

Have tried CC and the Kenridge kits but Beaverdale wins my gold award.

Slipped a couple of glasses to a wine fussy friend the other night. He almost fell off his chair when I finally spilled the beans as to origin. Now there IS an accolade!

I've just set up a 30 Bottle Beaverdale Rose kit in my fermentation cabinet @ 13.5 Deg C, as i've read somewhere that a lower fermentation temperature will preserve some of the floral fruity notes that would normally burn away 20 deg C. I know the fermentation will take longer, but it has definitely started.

Would anyone have any opinions on this?

Latest posts

Back