What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a few M&S single hop beers recently and made a start on them tonight. The Amarillo was lovely, then my home brewed IPA Cascade was also very good. Unfortunately I finished on a bottle that I found rather unpleasant, Mosaic pale ale, brewed by Adnams; it smelt like festering gym socks, and tasted much the same.

I have looked at the write up for mosaic, which is largely positive, so it is either Adnams who have c*cked up, or I just find mosaic unpleasant.

Its a long time since I poured a beer down the drain, but this was a relief.

Think to be fair, I have done two different kits and both have dry hopped both with mosaic. don't like them. The cascade ones where lovely and these were the same youngs harvest lager kits.

Last day at work before 2 weeks off. Think I may have a few beers tonight. I've got a few bottles of my Proper Job clone in the fridge now:drink:

Tonight's tipple: Leffe Ruby - quite refreshing....like Raspberryade with alcohol :thumb:
Next up will be: my own Belgian Saison

1503076992575.jpg

Have been drinking Victoria cervesa this afternoon but am moving onto this cheeky number when the sun goes down.
9% good job I don't have to get up for work!

IMG_20170818_200844.jpg

Inspired by the 'things you can't drink' thread. Five year old Alaskan Smoked Porter.
4dcbe9d872329512453c30dfe74ba872.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm drinking my first all-grain brew "Bitter to the end". It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be when I tried it a week ago. It's not bad at all at 3 weeks old.

I'm drinking my first all-grain brew "Bitter to the end". It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be when I tried it a week ago. It's not bad at all at 3 weeks old.
They do taste better with age but aging is the problem[emoji12]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I started off with this...and it was rotten. Reminded me of cheap chocolate.
0e9b4a034b8164a263312636668da54d.jpg

Haven't long got home from the hospital - Baby no2 was born this morning.

Having a little drink to celebrate - Rasputin by Brouwerij De Molen an imperial stout-ish

Congratulations to you all!

Edit: ----and good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a little drink to celebrate - Rasputin by Brouwerij De Molen an imperial stout-ish

COngrats mate

I remember the feeling when my 2nd was born, after being up all night before in hospital I remember trying to drink 4 bottles of hob goblin but just collapsing on teh sofa..:lol:

Enjoy and congrats again!!:thumb:

Got to my dad's house today for a few days and found a Goose Island selection box in the fridge, that'll do nicely. IPA and Honkers Ale so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night. ...6 pints of wainwright golden ale in wetherspoons as they didn't have much choice..then had the wizard idea of cooking a curry on the bbq when we got in instead of buying one...plus bottles of my finest. .all very messy!

Popped into local Wether's lunch time. Had a pint of a our local 'Wimbledon brewery' American red IPA,very decent pint indeed.Brewed with Equinox and Mosaic hops

Massive congrats buddy. Pink or blue? And names??

It's time when a fellow forumite is in need that we send them lots of beers to try and he's not gonna have much time in the coming months for a brew.

A fellow brewer in need, is a fellow brewer friend indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Massive congrats buddy. Pink or blue? And names??

It's time when a fellow forumite is in need that we send them lots of beers to try and he's not gonna have much time in the coming months for a brew.

A fellow brewer in need, is a fellow brewer friend indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheer pal.

A little girl Lili (welsh for lilly) Mair.

I am hoping to get a brew in next week. My son will be in nursery all day and I hope to finish off painting the new nursery by the weekend. I am currently ticking off loads of jobs that the wife had on a list, she is impressed but said I am getting under her feet - a brew day is on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back