What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drinking a bottle of my first 'proper' hb. Done a few kits in the past, and could always tell they were kits. Bit the bullet and got myself a buffalo boiler and went straight for a biab Ghost Ship clone.

Wow. Just, wow. The difference is amazing. Only been in the bottle 10 days and already it's amazing. I can't believe I made this!

I've been lurking on this site, reading all manner of different posts about brewing and never really thought it could taste this good. Massive thanks to everyone who posts advise and tips on making awesome beer. My journey is really just beginning and hopefully when I get more proficient I'll be able to share the great knowledge i've picked up.

Love this site, love beer.

I've only had one, honest...:whistle:

picked up this 330ml bottle of McGraths craft irish pale from B&M for 70P in the week to kick off my evening session,gotta say it is most excellent with a nice clean crisp citrus aroma and taste,only grabbed one which was my mistake,should have cleared the shelf of them:lol::thumb:

My Dad brought me a load of beers from this range over to Prague when he drove over a month or so ago, I've still got them (my pile of purchased beers is almost as big as my homebrewstock!) but looking forward to piling in. There were a few from Aldi as well.

I had the first proper taste of my Jaipur Clone last night... fantastic tasting beer and if only I had remembered to put in the Irish Moss it would rank up as one of my best ever brews! Unfortunately... it tastes amazing and looks sh*te! Oh well. Lesson learned!

DA

Had these the other night. Matuska is one of the new breed of Czech breweries that branch out further than pilsner, vienna lager and dark lager. However I often complain that they are not adventurous enough (where a few others like Raven, Albrecht and Clock are), however these two were both great...

For those of you on Untappd, matuska list the malt and hops for each beer, which is handy.

IMG-20171006-WA0065.jpg

Anderson Valley Holy gose. VERY interesting, to say the least. Also let the missus taste, and same opinions: well done, interesting, full flavoured, yet not to our taste. Worth a try though, absolutely.

We've started potty training our son today, so tonight I will be drinking A Lot Of Whatever Booze I Can Get My Hands On

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently on my 2nd Golden Goose. 89p from Lidl. Not bad at all. Labelled as Hatherwood but assume it's brewed by someone else. Still it's almost worth the money for the empty bottle alone :)

IMG_1506.jpg

Having the last of my harvest lager with cascade, a few pilsners with cascade. Been a busy day sorting my stocks and getting more on.

View attachment IMG_3226.JPG

The second try of my oatmeal stout. Properly carbonated now (I was impatient before, quelle surprise) and I rather like it. Better take it out to the shed tomorrow if the rest is going to still be around at Christmas which is the plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not impressed by the Wetherspoons “Real Ale Festival” so I’ve moved on to the Flying Dig Easy IPA.

In my local. One of the guest ales is Bateman's latest seasonal offering - Lincoln Red. It's a red wheat ale, seriously good. I'm biased being a bit of a Bateman's fanboy but it's worth trying if you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back